Valentine's Day Menu Ideas

Options
Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Anyone planning to cook a romantic meal for your significant other? I'm looking for ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Omelets?
    Lunch: I guess so much of this depends on taste and preference. I love chicken paprika with sour cream gravy from ibreatheimhungry. It could also be whatever the favorite meat, salmon, etc., is. With favorite roasted veggies if you like those, or something like creamed spinach?
    Dinner: Steak! :) Then something like bacon-wrapped asparagus, or brussels sprouts with bacon. Maybe a keto cheesecake if you want a sweet treat, or dark chocolates.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm splurging on some fancy Wagyu steaks from this really awesome Highland Farm. Here's the website for anyone else in Scotland. http://wagyu.co.uk They sell them to general public at No 16 Deli in Bridge of Allan. I'm packing up an ice chest to go pick up my yummy marbled beef!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing Fat Head pizza for Valentine's Day dinner. My boyfriend and I are both doing keto, so at least we can eat the same things.

I might attempt to make it into a heart shape but um...we'll see LOL
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Get a heart shaped metal cookie mold and cook your eggs in it. I even saw one where they used two different molds. The smaller one for just the yolk. once that is pretty cooked you put inside the bigger mold and pour the white part around the yolk part. Very cute!
  • FatTo4everFine
    FatTo4everFine Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this heart shaped egg a try this morning. Then Ribeye and veggies for later. Thanks for the great ideas!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Making quiche lorraine with cauliflower crust this morning, then have sous vide steak with sauteed mushrooms planned for dinner!
  • mamagib4
    mamagib4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Steak, crab legs with butter and a few green beans on the side!!! And I am totally having some a amazing wine to wash it all down!
  • riaward1990
    riaward1990 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Husband isn't doing keto. I've been doing IF lately with only one meal in the evening. We'll be having ribeye, peppercorn sauce, green beans and he'll be having potato dauphinouise (sp?) with his. He's asked for pudding and custard for his dessert so I've made myself a sort of chocolate mousse using double cream, a bit of 90% chocolate, vanilla and sweetener. Had a quick lick of the bowl and it tasted good