Easy part is over.

Djproulx
Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
All signed up for my two A races this season, The Rev3 Quassy Olympic and the Timberman 70.3. Now that I'm in, its time to sharpen my focus on weight loss during the remainder of my winter training block. I'm doing 5 swims/week , so my appetite is in high gear. Need to manage that hunger during the winter doldrums and remember that all roads do not lead to the refrigerator. :) Come on, Spring.....

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Curious how many times you biking and running per week.
  • Djproulx
    For this training block I'm doing 4/5 swims, 3 bikes (indoor), 1 strength session (w/trainer) and 1-2 yoga sessions per week. No runs for past 3 weeks since I'm recovering from a calf/glute issue.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    All signed up for my two A races this season, The Rev3 Quassy Olympic and the Timberman 70.3. Now that I'm in, its time to sharpen my focus on weight loss during the remainder of my winter training block. I'm doing 5 swims/week , so my appetite is in high gear. Need to manage that hunger during the winter doldrums and remember that all roads do not lead to the refrigerator. :) Come on, Spring.....

most likely i'll be doing this one. it's a club race for me.
  • Djproulx

Yeah, same here. Some in our club will do the Olympic, others will do the Half. Quassy is a hilly challenge.
  • Capt_Apollo

Yeah, same here. Some in our club will do the Olympic, others will do the Half. Quassy is a hilly challenge.

very hilly. i've been told that if you can do the Half distance well, you can pretty much do any 70.3 in the country.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member

I'll be there as well. I'll be "participating" in the Olympic in all likelihood (vs racing it). It will only be three weeks post IMTexas, so I am not entirely sure I'll be in *kitten*-kicking shape for the Quassy Oly but I will at least be there.
  • Djproulx
    [quote="glevinso;35491367
    I'll be there as well. I'll be "participating" in the Olympic in all likelihood (vs racing it). It will only be three weeks post IMTexas, so I am not entirely sure I'll be in *kitten*-kicking shape for the Quassy Oly but I will at least be there. [/quote]

Well, at recovery pace, you'll still be way ahead of this old guy. I did the Griskus Oly last year (also at Quassy, but not the same route). This year, I"m looking to break the 3 hour mark.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I'm in the same boat... signed up for a couple of races, but really need to bear down on diet for the next couple of months. Once the weather changes, I want to be able to move to maintenance and really focus on training. I don't want to be cutting during training/race season again this year.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have a 70.3 in two months. My stuff needs to start coming together. LOL
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    How did y'all do at Quassy? :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    i unfortunately dislocated my shoulder like, a week after i posted that i'd be doing Quassy. My club had just one person short to have their own porta-potty.
  • glevinso
    edited June 2016
    5th in M35-39, 30th overall in the Olympic. Hard to complain about that since I wasn't even trying to race it. Was just out there for fun.

26:02 swim
    1:14:42 Bike
    42:54 run

2:26:21

Also broke the absolute cardinal rule of "Nothing New on Race Day" in the biggest way possible by riding my new tri bike having literally never ridden it before other than a few meters in the parking lot to verify the brakes worked...
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Damn. You were asking for it! Are you happy with the new ride? Congrats on your impressive finish!

Capt, that's a huge bummer. How is the shoulder? Can you still run? I assume biking and swimming are out?
  • Djproulx
    Enjoyed my first Quassy race. M.O.P. finish (3:20:40) in men's 55-59 group (#21 of 34?) Happy with swim improvement, but I have no run speed back due to long calf rehab over the winter and spring. All in all, a fun race. Note to self: don't forget sunscreen next time!
  • glevinso
    The new ride is everything I wanted it to be. This bike is seriously fast.

FCE6C9A6-B895-4F86-BB7D-FF8D389EB799_zpsbi0pjurb.jpg
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Not much prettier than a triathlon bike rack! Nice bike! And it's companions aren't bad either :)
  • glevinso
    None of its neighbors were faster than me though. When I got back to T2 none of them were there :)