VALENTINES DAY! what did everyone do? How was staying on track?

Options
qx2jrhsf5fhx.jpg
This was our valentines. Home made wings fried in extra light olive oil and celery and blue cheese as the side. The sauce was buffalo which was butter and original franks.
We watched a Trainwreck which was okay but the cuddling and relaxing was the best part. Happy Valentines everyone. I hope you could all stay on track with your macros. 7qsiee31u700.jpg

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    We prepared and added some more bacon and cabbage to an unrolled eggroll recipe we made last week (too much sauce, so added more cabbage). I rolled the eggrolls for him, left mine stir fry style, and it was some of the most fun we had all week. I had some dark chocolate (86%) after lunch and a few tablespoons of "poor man's chocolate mousse" for dessert (heavy cream, cocoa powder, liquid stevia), and really wasn't tempted by much else. Debated pate on crackers, but the "leaded" ones we have taste like paste to me now, and I really wasn't wanting to make low carb crackers, or eat the pate on pork rinds, so that just stayed in the fridge. It was a nice, relatively stress-free day.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I really wanted my husband to take me out to brunch, but did not want to be tempted with the potatoes, toast, etc... that comes with dining up. My husband showed me his love by making me breakfast of eggs and pork sausages. Although he did make himself french toast. :smile: We had a wonderful dinner of steak, roasted asparagus, and sauteed mushrooms. All in all a great day and lost 0.8 lbs!!!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I had a keto friendly meal and not so keto friendly dessert. I wanted cheesecake, lol. Does anyone know how to post pics on the mfp app? Id share if I could.
  • Tanya1551
    Tanya1551 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We went to boston pizza and i got a lb of buffalo wings and a side caesar ... But then i decided to live a little and get another lb of wings - i tracked it all, definetly my cals by 1000 for the day but not stressing it!
    First valentines i can remember where i didnt binge on chocolate so ill call it a win !
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Cooked sauteed shrimp in butter, and put over a salad of baby spinach with tomatoes and shredded cheese for hubby before he went to work in the evening. I did have two squares of the 72% dark chocolate last evening. No problems remaining keto here! :smiley:
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    We made stir fry veg topped with some delicious beef fillet tail pan fried, rested, sliced and then basted in butter. The veg was a bit of a carb splurge for me, but I figured it was better than a box of chocolates!
  • TheCakeDiva
    TheCakeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was at a gala for our local non-profit community radio Saturday night. I was on the committee. I fully intended to go off plan and enjoy the evening (especially for what I paid for it!) and after a day on the couch being just a "tad" hungover yesterday, I'm back on plan today. I'm feeling fine so far, no ill effects from the way over the top splurge.

But I'm determined that this time will not be derailing me!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    We went out to dinner and a movie on Saturday night. I had a 10oz ribeye with garlic butter topping, which was listed in the menu! But I still added the butter leftover from the bread my hubby ate. :wink: I subbed the potato side for broccoli and got a Cesar salad too. There wouldn't have been room for dessert even if I had thought I wanted one. Which I didn't cuz nothing could've beat that medium rare ribeye!
    I shouldn't mention the 3 total gin and sodas I had which hit me super hard about 30 minutes into Deadpool. My husband said the movie was awesome...
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning was easy. 3 eggs with cheese, European style bacon, and a little salsa.
    Dinner was tandoori chicken!
    Husband does all the big cooking in my house. :)
    He isn't even doing low carb but is super supportive.
    I finished the evening with a piece of high cocoa chocolate.

Since I'm a newbie I didn't want to go too crazy, but I didn't feel like I was missing out TBH.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    DH and I went out for Indian food. I had to estimate nutrition info since it wasn't a chain restaurant but I had chicken makhani with a small amount of rice and garlic naan, and one dark chocolate square that he gave me for dessert. B/c I was VLC for the rest of the day I think I still came in right at the top of my goal net carb range, and a little under for calories.
    The scale did bounce up a pound and a half today but I'm OK with that. I went a little higher carb the past few days b/c of stomach problems but I'm back to normal as of today.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My mother in law was "thoughtful" and brought me an extra large box of chocolates. She also showed up with tortillas, rice, beans, enchiladas, etc for lunch.

I ate just the meat, and didn't touch ANY of the chocolate! Hubby and I had wings for dinner.
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Our kids went for their first sleepover, so we went out for dinner (I had the spinach dip for an app, ate it with a fork!, 10 oz prime rib with mixed veggies and a salad) but it came with dessert (Chocolate torte and a white chocolate cheesecake, predetermined menu). I figured I could afford a couple of bites and would stay borderline ketosis, but feeling pretty crappy today so guessing I overdid it. Deadpool was awesome! Then we watched Walking Dead while eating eggs and peameal before picking the kids up - also awesome!
  • mamagib4
    mamagib4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Had a super day with my hubby and son. Yummy cheese and shrimp for a happy hour late afternoon. New York strip loin steak with crab legs, melted butter and green beans. And then washed it all down with 1 1/2 bottles of champagne! LOL!!!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    We brought doughnuts, bagels, and drinks to our early morning run club meeting. I ate none of it. The only thing I had was a sip of mimosa (and poured the rest of the cup in someone else's cup). I ate pumpkin pie chia pudding I made the day before, and had fried liver for dinner. Take that, evil carbs.
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My husband and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. But it was snowing pretty hard here in Kentucky, so we snuggled on the couch with our dog, drank coffee (with lots of cream) and binge-watched "Game of Thrones." It was a great day! :)
  • Ellemarie72
    Ellemarie72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I almost had the same! We didn't really celebrate much either. But chicken wings are my absolute go to food!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    We aren't real big on celebrating Valentine's Day, but I made shrimp cocktail for starters, roast beef (bottom round roast) with mashed potatoes (for husband and kids), roasting pan gravy, carrots, and green beans. Had dark chocolate and berries and cream for dessert.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    We had grilled meats and veggies. We don't do V day. Out anniversary is 5 days after and we do that big. I bought sweets for Dh and the boys. No issue staying on track.

Today I made potatoe salad for my family. That is tempting me and I'm usually not a fan. Odd
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I was way above my normal carb goal but I was our of town and staying with relatives so I knew I would go over. I even chose to eat a small bowl of ice cream last night. I am home now, and hungry from those extra carbs (probably close to 70... LOL funny that 70g is a higher carb day now;) ), but getting back on track to my plan or this month.

Overall it was a good day. :)
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bad. I did bad. :( Now dealing with cravings and was very lightheaded and shaky today. I am trying to get back on track today.