What are you doing NOW to prepare for AFTER phentermine?

Options
KyleneSusan
KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
I think one of the biggest challenges that those of us who are taking phentermine are going to face is what we're going to do after we're no longer taking the prescription. When the metabolism boost isn't there anymore and the appetite comes back and we're back "on our own," so to speak, without the benefits from the pills.

I'm trying to make sure that I'm ready for that day by getting into shape and exercising. I'm doing cardio and strength training, alternating days. And I'm working on changing the way that I eat, with the help of a nutritionist. She wants me to eat 6 times a day, in small amounts, but I'm so far SERIOUSLY failing at doing that. That's probably my biggest problem that I need to work out -- I need to figure out what I can eat during the day instead of one big meal in the evening.

What's everybody else doing? Or are you not worried about that?

Replies

• heatherhb2016
    heatherhb2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I just wanted to say thanks for telling me about this group!!! Awesome! Anyway, I'm hoping to stick to the good habits I'm learning now! Mainly, continuing and sticking to my daily diary!
  • KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have started taking Phentermine to help aid in my weight loss. however I am doing it differently than most probably are. I have really bad cravings/appetite during stress and hormonal periods. So I am only taking it when needed to help me have self control. So far, since January 1 I have only taken in 3 times. I think this will make it easier in the long run because I am learning to eat well and exercise without it most of the time and using it as a tool on the hard days.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I LOVE that none of the snotty haters are in here bashing us! Feel free to friend me, just put a note in that you take Phen too.

I have problems with maintenance. I have been taking Phen almost two years. When I try to go off it, I pack the pounds on. Logging my food here helps, probably more than the Phen does. The problem for me is I start eating like it's going out of style. Then I stop logging. Then the pounds come back.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    .... I'm working on changing the way that I eat, with the help of a nutritionist. She wants me to eat 6 times a day, in small amounts, but I'm so far SERIOUSLY failing at doing that. That's probably my biggest problem that I need to work out -- I need to figure out what I can eat during the day instead of one big meal.....

That's a tough one. Why are you failing? I'm not understanding.

I am the opposite. I should probably eat more meals instead of eating all day long. I naturally want to eat breakfast, then a lot of small meals until dinner, which is pretty small. I am working on not snacking at night!
  • jennahiggins782015
    Options
    I feel the most important step to any maintenance is changing the habits that got me where I am.

I'm working on changing my eating habits, clearing our house of unhealthy food, breaking my chemically, sugar laden, processed food addiction, sucking up and dealing with healthy food, and the prep times, instead of convenience (bad one for me). I'm also taking vitamin supplements, getting more sleep, meditating, implementing other stress management techniques.

We are currently working on DE cluttering the house of ALL unnecessary items, I've found this to be a huge purging and it has helped my mental mood, which helps all the rest.

I'm changing my outlook, I started gaining a lot of weight when I gave up control of my life and wanted to become invisible. That's no longer needed so I'm learning to no longer be invisible, more to myself than anyone else.

Phentermine may help me to not feel hungry, but it's not making me lose weight. When I'm losing its because I'm making changes in my life, my goal is to make healthy changes over a longer time so that they become habits. When the phentermine is gone, the healthy and good habits will be in place, so I will have no need for the medication any longer.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Here is my confession .. I love to eat. So one of my motivations for getting in shape and living an active lifestyle is that once I am in good shape I can eat what I want. The only catch to that is I will have to stay active in order to be able to do that. That is a trade off that I am willing to make. So my plan for after Phentermine is to stay active and stay in the gym a couple days a week.. its really not that hard when u think about it and see the benefits that it offers.

Adipex for me is only a tool. When I look at any task I want to take advantage of anything that is going to help me achieve the max result. So it just makes sense to go the medical route if one is safe, effective, and available.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    For me it's learning that I can "eat whatever I want", but that doesn't mean all the time. Every other aspect of life is about choices and figuring out if something is worth it or not. I'm not depriving myself. I'm eating healthy foods in healthy portion sizes as a habit, so that when I do select something I want to indulge in, that's what it is...an indulgence. Eating high calorie foods or huge portions all the time is not that, and I've been paying for it. When the Phen is gone I'm going to have to continue this, period. Otherwise all this work I've started is for nothing.
  • KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been reminding myself that I can love just one cookie and appreciate that one fantastic, delicious cookie a lot more than 6 cookies piled in one after the other without even thinking about them. :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I've been reminding myself that I can love just one cookie and appreciate that one fantastic, delicious cookie a lot more than 6 cookies piled in one after the other without even thinking about them. :)

THIS!!!! Every treat is soooo much better now! When I eat something like a single decadent fine chocolate, sip a glass of wine, eat a piece of thin crust pizza....it's amazing! So much to savor, so much thoughtful, mindful pleasure in that small portion. It's never like that I'm plowing through them.