looks like we need to get this group booming!

Options
Not many posts!?!? Let's make sure to invite/add anyone that could benefit. I'm sure many, like I was, just don't know this group is here!

Replies

• KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Right?! And there are so many people on the forums who are all hating on the diet pill users. :( We've got to stick together!

(I saw you got a lot of grief today in a Phentermine thread. Sorry that happened. :( )
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Phentermine gets a bad rap, and rightfully so sometimes. But there are people who try and use it the right way. We hear horror stories of people who gain all of the weight back because they made no real changes while taking the pill. They just didn't eat because they were not hungry. Obviously that is a recipe for disaster.

I think Phentermine is good for some people, and MFP is not exactly supportive of that. People are pretty judge mental, but they forget that one size doesn't fit all. Find what works best for you, that is how you will be successful.

I actually lost the most amount of weight when I stopped taking the pill and walked everyday. I had knee surgery and can't run anymore. I would have never guessed it, but I lost more walking than running. I then letmyswlf eat whatever I wanted over the holidays and fell back in to mindless eating. I'm taking Phentermine again because that helped me re-train myself when I took it for the first time.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Not many posts!?!? Let's make sure to invite/add anyone that could benefit. I'm sure many, like I was, just don't know this group is here!
    I forgot about this group!
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Fit4LifeAR wrote: »
    Phentermine gets a bad rap, and rightfully so sometimes. But there are people who try and use it the right way. We hear horror stories of people who gain all of the weight back because they made no real changes while taking the pill. They just didn't eat because they were not hungry. Obviously that is a recipe for disaster...
    Here's the thing. On any "diet" it is easy to gain the weight back, and more. I know what you mean about people not eating because they weren't hungry. I have done that before on Phentermine, and exactly what you said happened. Logging here is what is keeping me make progress. The problem is when I stop logging and eating a lot of junk. I haven't gained it all back. I did gain back half of what I lost. I'm back now, determined to get back to what I weighed before, by June. I have three mini goals then the big one.
  • jennahiggins782015
    Options
    I've learned through my many ups and downs, diets potentially make it easy to gain the weight that was lost back. I never took the time to retrain myself how to eat healthy and to embrace the fact that will have to be how it is for the rest of my life, not just when I reach my goals. Phentermine is helping me to question when and what I eat. Even on it, I've messed up and gained weight back...but I am more aware now, and everyday I learn something new about my individual journey.

How do you ladies get the water intake up???? That's my biggest struggle at the moment.
  • KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey @jennahiggins782015, there are a lot of apps for the phone that help remind you to drink water. I'm using Water Drink Reminder for Android. It'll ask your weight and give you an idea about what you should drink. You can set your wake-up and bedtime and it'll give you reminders throughout the day, with a little "you should drink water" message on the screen and a pouring water sound. I like that it's got a ticker that tracks where I ought to be by this time of day vs. where I actually am in comparison. I was trying to just keep track in my head, but this is working out a lot better.

Between that an those Mio water enhancers (or generic similar), that's how I get all my water in. :)
  • jennahiggins782015
    jennahiggins782015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm definitely downloading it.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have found this group exists here! I'm newish, this is my first week on phentermine and this site.
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group!! Feel free to add me! I just started taking this yesterday!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    hncall01 wrote: »
    I'm new to the group!! Feel free to add me! I just started taking this yesterday!

Hi, and welcome. The group isn't very active, and I have a feeling that's due to some judgmental attitudes on MFP (not in this group, though). But please help me liven it up around here!!

I'm doing very well on Phen while also logging my food and exercising. I hope you have a similar experience!

Friend request on the way. Feel free to message me any time.
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is my second day on it and I love the boost its given me. The only thing I don't like is I'm at work when I'm the most energetic. Lol!
  • traceyinMI
    traceyinMI Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been on Phen for 5 weeks-- doing well, steady losses but nothing extreme like some have experienced. As of today I am down 13.5 from when I started Phen.

Feel free to add me-- would love to share diaries and support.

I don't notice any side effects (bad ones) just good energy and lack of appetite. I did learn the hard way that if I don't keep calories around 1100, I don't lose. So the first 3.5 weeks were a little up & down. I just wasn't hungry. I think now I am on a good path and I'm super excited!

Nice to meet you all!