I love food.

Options
MAB0218
MAB0218 Posts: 39 Member
Hi, I am a 34 year old married mom of 3. I love food and I over endulge. I recently weighed my self, 194lbs!!! It was a total shock but think back on how I have been feeling and I shouldnt have been. In October I was 168lbs.
I do not like the whole idea of me dieting. I am not a quitter. I do not like to be hungry. I get very angry. Or Hangry. My body though is screaming at me to eat healthy. I have no self control. I see food and I eat it.
I need to break my addiction to food. I quit smoking March 3, 2015..Quit RedBull ( 4-6 can a day addiction) three days ago. I am a person with bad habits..but I have been stopping them.
My body hurts. My mind is exhausted. I need a change. I think I let it get bad because in the words of my husband " you dont look 200lbs". I feel it though. This journey isnt about my apperance. I am 194lbs (5ft5) and I wear a size 10-11 in pants..medium in shirts..I dont know how. I want energy (with out redbull). I want to be able to breathe after bending over. I want to see my vagina again. I do not want to beva prisoner to food. It is going to be hard. Day #2 and I already cheated (my husband brought home McDonald's).
I dont know if any one will read this..but it is nice to get it out.

Replies

• LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You are funny, I'm still trying to see my vagina. I had such a flat stomach until I had my partial hysterectomy. Had a bikini line scar well now with the belly fat I'm like you I can't see it. :blush:

I stopped the diet pop. I still miss my Diet Mt. Dew. I drank them from the minute I woke up till I went to bed.

Drinking water now. I still crave them though. It's a journey I'm on my second month it does get easier. So keep the faith and keep sharing.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee?
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I love food, too.

If health, weight (and money !) were no issue then I could easily eat many 1000's of calories a day.
    I actually don't like feeling 'full' but still I can eat huge amounts stopping when I feel full waiting as long as it takes for that feeling to subside and then starting to eat again.

This journey has been such a process for me.
    But one of the things that I have accepted is that it might not ever be 'easy'. I am having to control myself every single day. I have developed eating habits that work for me, in the sense that I am not hungry and I get to eat all the foods I enjoy in moderation. But I know that if I follow my urge to eat and eat and eat (which is what I really want to do), then I will gain back the weight that I have lost. and that is something that I am absolutely not willing to do.

Its been really hard, but *so* worth it !

I look forward to following your journey :smile:.
  • MAB0218
    Options
    I slipped up bad last night..but it will be ok.. Down 6lbs for my first week.
    No redbull or sugar in my coffee all week.
    Switched to 4 cups of green tea a day..unsweetened. :)
    Over all not a bad week..actually pretty good. Two slip ups by choice..One by accident(panera's iced green tea is not sugar free)
    Only physical appearance change I see is that my double chin is almost gone.
    I feel super energenic and no migraine this week!!!

This weeks goals are:
    1. No fast food
    2. No chocolate.(except my protein bars) It is everywhere right now due to Valentines day..Also I am pmsing so I need to resist at all cost.
    3. Only check the scale in the morning after my first pee of the day but naked.

Every week I will post on Fridays with different goals. I hope in time my self control gets better, it is already improving.
    I hope every one has a successful week.

BW= 194
    CW= 188
    GW= 150
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this weeks goals!
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @melissabramley218 congrats on the pounds lost so far! Keep up the good work!
  • MAB0218
    Options
    Thanks! I hope I am doing this right!! I mean I feel like I am always eating..is it normal to not starve when dieting? Maybe that is why my past diets didnt stick..except for my topamax diet..lol
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great. I know what you mean about chocolate being everywhere. I love sweets and I haven't had any since December. It's a struggle everyday. I've not been hungry on my plan. In fact I was eating under my goal last month. I'm getting closer this month. I'm cheering for you!!!
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    Its great to not be starving whilst your 'dieting'. That's what makes this approach more sustainable long term - to not just lose the weight, but keep it off. a new lifestyle.

As long as the weight is going down and your getting enough protein and fats, you're doing great !
    In time you may want to tweak things a little better towards some micro nutrients but that is more minor.

Look forward to following your success !
  • MAB0218
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Down another 5.5lbs..So thats 11.5 pounds in 11 days. I am eating great! I just hope that losing this quickly is ok.

I worry about everything.

Bw 194
    Cw 182.5
    Gw 150
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    My understanding is that up to 2 pounds per week is generally considered a safe and sustainable rate of weight loss - though if you have a lot to lose then this number can increase. Also, the first couple of weeks of a diet may result in the scale showing a greater loss than that because of things like water weight.
    Do you know how many calories you are eating and what your daily calorie deficit is ?

• MAB0218
    Options
    1460 goal calories usually do 1250-1350.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Just be careful Melissa, the 1460 is already the deficit that MFP thinks you need to lose weight.
  • MAB0218
    Options
    I have an open diary..I eat non stop. I will try to eat more. Maybe add a third snack.

BW 194
    CW 181.5
    GW 150
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You made me giggle today. Boy did I ever need it. Thru my ups and downs of losing and gaining my belly is always what seemed to gain the most over and over. I can't fit into clothes now that I fit into 20lbs heavier simply because my belly seemed to gain most of the excess fat this time around. So honestly without heavy lifting involved I haven't seen "myself" properly in ages. I so wish spot losing fat was possible...but to my disappointment it is not. So I must work at being able to look down and say heyyyy girl there you are....guess I can make that a mini goal as well. Looking forward to your updates. So far looks like things are going well.
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    You can also try to eat more calorie dense food - like nuts, for example.
  • MAB0218
    Options
    This week hasnt been that bad.. I only cheated on my birthday.

I met my goal of no fast food. But had chocolate on my birthday. If I cant splurge for a special occasion than this is not going to work.

The scale stopped moving down..it went up..but I blame it on my cycle and the fact that I bought a new scale.( maybe the old one was wrong).

Lets hope I see progress next week. My belly does look a bit different. My belly button seems higher lol.

Goals for the new week are:
    1. Drink more water.
    2. Do an hour of exercise on my days off. My job is very physical and I usually take 14000 steps a day at work. So for now that is plenty.imo
    3. Continue to not obsess over the scale.

Have a great week everyone:)

SW:194
    CW: 185.5
    GW:150
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great work on the "no fast food" goal. Have you taken your measurements? I find that metric pretty motivating, as it can change even when the scale is not moving.
  • MAB0218
    Options
    I do not have a tape messure..but I definitely see a change in my belly.. I took a picture the other day and compared it..but dont know how to post it.
  • MAB0218
    Options