Introductions are in order....

Options
As with any group you may or may not join you always want to start getting to know each other. One of the best ways to do this is to introduce yourself to all of this group's members. This is the best way to start feeling like you are part of a group. Whoknows you might find some life long friends through this. To help you out here are a list of questions!!! Answer some, all or none of them. Maybe your a rebel and answer a question on this list. You decide! Just remember the best part about being in a group is participating. :)

1) Name or nickname (this one's easy)
2) Age or age group if you prefer
3) Weight when you first joined MFP
4) Current weight
5) Goal weight
6) How long have you been using MFP?
7) Is this your first attempt or millionth attempt at losing weight? (or any number in between ;D )
8) What is your number one reason for losing weight and getting healthy?
9) What is a hobby of yours? (besides fitness ;D )
10) Favorite color?
11) Favorite healthy meal, or snack?
12) Best movie, book or TV show of all time?
13) Your health goal's number one weakness?
14) Favorite sport and sports team?
15) Why will you be successful this time?

Replies

• reggiesmommy29
    reggiesmommy29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1. Tiera Hopkins (aka Chicken I used to be really skinny)
    2. 31
    3. 222 SW
    4. 117.4 CW
    5. 170
    6. 1 year
    7. 3rd attempt
    8. I would love to be more active and do things with my children. I miss being able to buy clothes without trying them on.
    9. I love working (I'm a realtor)
    10. Purple
    11. Salad w/Chicken
    12. How to Get Away with Murder
    13. I like unhealthy snacks
    14. N/A
    15. I will be successful this time because I want to be healthy not just lose weight. My fiance is working out with me and it helps alot.
  • thisweightsgottago
    Options
    1) Heather
    2) Just hit 40
    3) 247
    4) 221 (231 Jan 1st when I restarted)
    5) 150
    6) since 2014
    7) can't count lol....
    8) to be healthier and feel hot again
    9) doing diy crafty stuff
    10) blue
    11) watermelon & grapes
    12) Dr Who and sci-fi type stuff
    13) pizza
    14) playing volley ball
    15) I kicked my pop habit & I've changed meds and my pain is managed and I'm ready!!!!
  • jessicakahn606
    jessicakahn606 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Alright welcome!!!! Tiera and Heather!!!! Way to go!!!! I guess it is only fair that I too introduce myself!
    1. Jessica or Jess
    2. 21
    3. 200
    4. 194.6
    5. 130
    6. a month (this time around longer before)
    7. This is my fourth attempt
    8. I want to be healthier! I want to live a long and healthy life! I would also like to stop giving away my clothes because I gained too much weight to wear them anymore.
    9. I like crafts and writing
    10. green
    11. Grilled Chicken Salad
    12. Supernatural
    13. brownies
    14. I like playing basketball! I love watching football! Go Pack Go!!!
    15. I have a wedding in a year, a big cross country move to prepare for and a graduation to look good at. I have succeeded in weight loss before and know I can do it again!!! Plus being in a group like this holds me accountable!!!
  • reggiesmommy29
    reggiesmommy29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Together we can do it
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    Together we can do it

Of course we can! :) hopefully more people will join soon! The more social you are the better!
  • suewhitaker1suewhitaker1
    Options
    1) Sue
    2) 44
    3) ?
    4) 150
    5) 130
    6) New to MFP
    7) Have stuggled all my life with weight...tipped charts when pregnant over 200 lbs...so I've lost a lot and have kept most off..
    8) Health - I want to be my physically best self - and I want to feel amazing
    9) Movie Buff - love all movies except horror film genre
    10) Orange
    11) Thai lettuce wraps from Cheesecake Factory
    12) Peaky Blinders - NetFlix
    13) Accountability
    14) New England Patriots - but love ZUMBA for me!
    15) I am taking new steps to become and stay motivated...like joining this group! Also, one of my besties is getting married in August and I want to look and feel great at the wedding instead of beating myself up when it comes time to find a dress...with woulda, should, coulda...if you know what I mean!
  • LiveLoveSquat
    LiveLoveSquat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Name: Mali
    SW: 165 ish
    CW: 165 ish (just joined yesterday! Hehe)
    GW: 115-120
    Time using MFP: joined yesterday!
    First attempt?: I actually successfully lost about 60 pounds two years ago but developed an eating disorder along the way. Of course, I gained back all the weight and more. Looking to lose this weight in a healthy, suatainable way!
    Number one reason: I'm pretty active and love to hike, do group fitness classes, and lift. But my eating habits are a little off (freshman 15 is a killer). I feel like improving my eating habits and making sure I have time to exercise with my crazy college schedule will help me be the best me I can be!
    Hobby: I love to jam out on pretty much any instrument I can find and love to sing and dance with my roommates! I love hiking and offroading and playing hockey too! And of course, occasionally netflix binge watching.
    Color: Maroon
    Healthy meal/snack: frozen banana and pineapple!
    Best TV Show: Sherlock!
    Weakness: Chocolate cravings
    Favorite Sport: Ice Hockey, Anaheim Ducks
    Successful: Because I am motivated and ready for a lifestyle change rather than a restrictive diet!
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    @suewhitaker1suewhitaker1 Welcome to the group! I totally understand what you mean about the dress and the coulda shoulda woulda feeling! I now want to try a lettuce wrap from the Cheesecake factor! Accountability is something we all struggle with which is why I made this group. If you want you should check out the accountability roster. I'm willing to hold you accountable to whatever day number you set.

@LiveLoveSquat welcome to the group!! I was a victim of the freshman 15 as well as the sophomore 20 and so on...lol the workouts I place on the daily challenge are perfect for people with little time and space. Each day will focus on a different part of the body to make sure you hit everything from your neck downwards! There is also a healthy food challenge on here to help you motivate you eat better.

Welcome to all the other new members!!!! (The ones reading and not posting ;D ) Its good to have you! Be sure to check out all the cool discussions and challenges anytime you want. If your here for motivation the quotes can and will motivate you I'm sure! You know you better than me so do the challenges that will help you that's why they are there! All have different time lengths as well! Posting is never required but you might like it and it does help with the accountability! :)
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    1) Brynn
    2) 29
    3) I weighed 158 when I first joined, but used it on and off. Then over Christmas I went up to 162 and needed to lose the weight. I'm only 5'1".
    4) Right now I'm at 152.
    5) I'd love to be 145.
    7) Is this your first attempt or millionth attempt at losing weight? It's not always about losing weight for me. A lot of times its about being healthier and feeling better. millionth time.
    8) What is your number one reason for losing weight and getting healthy? I like to run and I like the way my body looks after I run, but the heavier I am, the harder it is on my knees and the harder it is to breath.
    9) What is a hobby of yours? I'm a part-time cake decorator
    10) Favorite color? Blue
    11) My favorite breakfast that fills me up all day is scrambled or dippy eggs with pepper, chives and hot sauce, toast with avocado, and a v8 juice, either their fusions or goddess veggie drinks.
    12) I spend hours watching SVU and NCIS. I actually watch way too much TV, my husband and I go to the movies at least once a month, and I do love to read but that's the one that gets shafted because I don't always have the hours I want to dedicate to a book.
    13) Your health goal's number one weakness? FOOD! I love to eat. My husband loves to cook. We love margaritas and other cocktails. We love to go out to eat. I lose weight during the week and gain it on the weekends when we go out.
    14) Favorite sport and sports team? Steelers football and Hokies everything!
    15) Why will you be successful this time? I want to do it for me so that I'll feel better all around. I've already lost 10 pounds since Christmas and it feels good. It's helped my health a lot, too. I've been having terrible stomach issues and since losing weight and eating better I've noticed less issues.
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    @brynncody09 Welcome!!! I also love NCIS! They actually filmed in a scene in one of the episodes next to my fiancee's house. He was able to meet the entire cast. I am still BEYOND jealous to this day. I wish I could go to the movies that often! I love movies but lack money and time.. oh well! I love your reasons why. When you ever need help staying motivated it always helps to remember why you are here! :)
  • RebelWalk
    RebelWalk Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1) Lisa (aka Rebel... funny that Jess said, "Maybe you're a rebel...." in her opening remarks)
    2) I'm 47
    3) I started my weight loss journey in March 2015 at 213. Last week when I joined MFP, I was 188.
    4) Today, I'm 185
    5) Hmm... my goal's around 145
    6) Since Feb 14 <3
    7) Nth try (first try, when I was 24, was successful; the next few were halfhearted; this one's going to stick)
    8) I'm getting to an age where health issues are looming. But my primary reason has got to be that I want to feel sexy.
    9) I'm a bookworm. Any book, any time.
    10) Green and orange (not at the same time)
    11) Grilled portabella sandwich (and the shrimp lettuce wraps at CPK!)
    12) Outlander (the book, not the tv show!)
    13) My kids' leftovers
    14) Whatever my kids are playing (and I'm a lifelong Dodgers fan, living in a Yankees house)
    15) This is my time. I'm committed and I have support.
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    Go dodgers!!!! :)
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1. Lottie
    2. 63
    3. 181.3
    4. 174
    5. 130
    6. January 2016
    7. 2nd attempt
    8. I just lost my husband I need to take care of me now. I want to be fit so I can see my grandchildren grow up and be active in their lives.
    9. Reading
    10. Purple
    11. Salad with fruit, grilled chicken and fruit balsamic dressing
    12. I love a lot of movies new and old, Star Wars, Hunger Games, Steel Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes. Books I love romance and mystery. TV I like NCIS, CSI, Scandal, Revenge, Colony and so on.
    13. My bad knees
    14. UK Wildcat Basketball
    15. I want to be the best me that I can be and with MFP I have tools to help me, the support to keep me on my path

Thanks Jessica for starting this group.
  • jessicakahn606
    Options
    @LottieStanley welcome to the group and your welcome! :) I hope this group helps you achieve all your goals! You got this! And you have a ton of people here to support you ❤️