MAJOR win for me

Options
Panda_Poptarts
Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
I am so proud of myself right now.

The 1lb box of chocolates I was given for Valentines Day has been haunting me. I've even had a bite of two, and spit it out. :/ Horrible eating habit, that is!

I let my two kids each pick out two pieces (for later!) today, and dumped the rest in the trash.

Screw cheap chocolate.

Replies

• Becca211H
    Becca211H Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! Great willpower!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Excellent job! I got so much chocolate for V-Day. I didn't eat any of it. I just threw most of it out and gave the rest away.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Excellent job! I got so much chocolate for V-Day. I didn't eat any of it. I just threw most of it out and gave the rest away.

The moment I nibbled some then spit it out, I realized there is an issue with having it in the house.

It doesn't even taste good. The craving is totally hormonal. My husband, however, bought me a box of wings and blue cheese. Go him!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good hubby! Mine did buy me some dark chocolate, but he has been helping me eat it! Lol! He has developed the taste for LCHF and prefers the dark chocolate now! Even says it make milk chocolate taste terrible!

My winning experience with chocolate in the house is that the left over Halloween chocolate has been in the foyer closet since Halloween! My son has eaten some of it, but my hubby, nor I, have had any! I know I need to do something with it, but I think I leave it there to stay strong. Chocolate was a big problem for me before LCHF, but it's not anymore!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Proud of you @Panda_Poptarts and others who are managing and resisting what was previously unresistable. Major milestones. Life is too short for bad chocolate.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    Proud of you @Panda_Poptarts and others who are managing and resisting what was previously unresistable. Major milestones. Life is too short for bad chocolate.

Life IS too short for bad chocolate!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Good hubby! Mine did buy me some dark chocolate, but he has been helping me eat it! Lol! He has developed the taste for LCHF and prefers the dark chocolate now! Even says it make milk chocolate taste terrible!

My winning experience with chocolate in the house is that the left over Halloween chocolate has been in the foyer closet since Halloween! My son has eaten some of it, but my hubby, nor I, have had any! I know I need to do something with it, but I think I leave it there to stay strong. Chocolate was a big problem for me before LCHF, but it's not anymore!

Milk chocolate is tooth-achingly sweet. How did we eat that for so long?? I also have a huge sack of halloween candy. Wonder if a food bank would take it, give it to some kiddos who maybe can't afford candy?
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Every little step is one closer to good health and reaching your goals
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's a great victory!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wow! congrats! I avoided bagels, doughnuts and all kinds of alcohol this Sunday, but no chocolate, thank goodness.
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Highest of fives!
  • makomike
    makomike Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job! It gets easier over time. After 2 yrs in keto I can't tolerate a blueberry because of the overwhelming sweetness.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Life IS too short for bad chocolate!

So true!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    makomike wrote: »
    Great job! It gets easier over time. After 2 yrs in keto I can't tolerate a blueberry because of the overwhelming sweetness.

This is really good to know. Thanks for sharing! I've done well with carb cravings, but general sugar cravings come and go. I found that eating fat bombs that are on the sweet side, even artificially, trigger sugar cravings. No good!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    makomike wrote: »

This is really good to know. Thanks for sharing! I've done well with carb cravings, but general sugar cravings come and go. I found that eating fat bombs that are on the sweet side, even artificially, trigger sugar cravings. No good!

We are one and the same here! I couldn't care less about pasta and bread and stuff. My problem was always sugar. Particularly candy!
    Major candy binges were a couple times a week and I had at least a little candy just about every single day! Totally addicted!
    Now, after 9 months Keto, I don't even need sweetener in my coffee anymore. It's awesome knowing I have it beat!