Looking for a friend to track 50/25/25 rather than calories or at least supportive/encouraging

Options
Hi! I'm using MFP to help me track my progress as I follow the food plan and principles in the Hypothyroidism Revolution by Tom Brimeyer.

I track to 50% carbs, 25% fat, 25% protein. I'd love to have an accountability partner who understands I'm not tracking calories, although generally I'm in the 1850 ballpark. My successes are when I make my six meals a day and they are close to my percent goals.

Hopefully my accountability partner will be following a similar plan, but I'll motivate you in whatever your goals are.

ETA: I'm hypothyroid with hashimotos. I'm grain free. I'm learning restorative yoga and a couple of other non intense forms of exercise. My body just can't handle more. I homeschool my teenage boys and I'm active in my church and on my praise team. I'm sick of being sick and I've diligently followed several food plans without success. This is totally different and I'm already seeing areas improve. I've been in this condition for more than 12 years and I'm not looking for an overnight solution. I'm looking for long term permanent recovery.

Replies

• allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry for a late reply. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm hypo with Hashi as well ( since at least 2009, but I had been symptomatic way earlier ), swing between your macros and 40% C, 30% P, 30% F depending on how intense my cravings are. I try to limit grains but have not eradicated them from my diet. I would be happy to follow your progress and see how the new food plan works for you, maybe I can take over something?