Kettiecat's Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Tough call, but a smart one. Pushing through knee pain is not usually a good choice. Sounds like you have a good plan to move forward. You'll get there!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Kettie your running is going well, I can only manage 2 minute runs with 1 minute walk a few times and then I have to switch to 1 on 1 off.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    CELEBRATE WITH ME!!!!

My run today was supposed to be run 10 min walk 3 run 10, but when the 3 minute walk time came up I just kept on running. Did two miles in 24 minutes. While that time isn't going to win me any gold medals after throwing in the towel at .6 miles making the full two mile run is a personal victory!

On the diet front what do you guys do when you log a meal and then don't finish it?

Today I made way too much shepards pie. Each ingredient was logged separately before cooking and I know I picked out most of my favorite parts (cheese) so there isn't a way I can tell what's left. I logged the whole thing and if I eat some tomorrow I'm considering it free calories. But I'm interested to hear what other people do.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Congratulations :smiley:
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great news on the run. :D
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the run! As for not finishing a meal...other than finishing a meal as a snack the same day I don't really have experience there, but I do input my own recipes when I make foods with a lot of ingredients to make it easier to figure the nutrients/portion. I like your idea about leaving it logged today as a meal, then finishing it tomorrow as free calories.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Great run! For the meals, just click on it in your diary and change your serving size.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    aq72g7ohl8df.jpg

Its great that you're listening to your body, and making such great progress !!!

For me, once I've logged something I generally eat it - either that day or the next day.
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Way to go you. Well done on the run. This is an awesome win.
    As for food. If i log something and dont eat it i just leave it logged as if ive eaten it. I figure i'll be under and gives me some leeway
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB ON THE RUN!!!!! That's just adding to my motivation for the day! Thank You.
  • kettiecat
    edited February 2016
    Options
    2lqfm3guihvu.jpeg
    Leaving for the cruise tomorrow, 9 days without the Internet or mfp. I'm hoping to maintain at my current weight of 153 but I could easily see me gaining. All the buffets and desserts, I'm not paying for a cruise and then not eating the best stuff.
  • cmr3399
    Options
    Is this your secret spy outfit for undercover eating? Either way...ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We leave for a 10 day all inclusive March 25th... I'm dreading the gain with that vacation. And if some of this weight doesnt come off that is what I'll be wearing at the beach and pool thats for sure!!!
  • kettiecat
    Options
    We're doing the Star Wars day at sea and that's my Rey costume. But keeping my face covered is one way to keep from filling it with cheesecake!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Love the outfit, did you love the latest movie????
  • cmr3399
    Options
    That's Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kettiecat
    Options
    @LottieStanley I loved it! Went opening night and two more times since.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    We went second day. I can't wait for the next one. My son-n-law heard the spoiler about Hans Solo. I'm so sorry to see him go, he's still yummy after all this time. I really like the new characters. Have fun on your cruise B)
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Rey you're looking awesome. Enjoy your cruise and remember ANYTHING IN MODERATION. Try all the good stuff . Have a blast. oh yeah The movie Rocks!!!!!!
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    kettiecat wrote: »
    We're doing the Star Wars day at sea and that's my Rey costume. But keeping my face covered is one way to keep from filling it with cheesecake!

This made me laugh! Awesome costume, and have a great time on your cruise!
  • kettiecat
    Options
    The cruise was wonderful! After a week of indulging in delicious rich foods and daily ice cream and ordering double or triple desserts I was happy I finished the 5k in 36 minutes. Surprisingly I only gained 2ish pounds so not that big of a set back.