Weekly Post 14.02. - 21.02.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY <3

Back from vacation. Ohhh was it awesome in every way. One more day off tomorrow, but I've decided my body needs a fast. So I will fast tomorrow instead of Tuesday, when I'm back at work.s

Enjoying a lazy Sunday a is very wet outside today. Might go on my rebounder for a little while though....

Enjoy your Sunday!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Have been busy all day today with early morning 4K walk then a little lunch and out with the dog in the pouring rain and did 3.5k then hosed the muddy dog off and vacuumed the house then decided to use our weight machine and did an hour on that and increased my weights for some positions! After my long hot shower I'm not really too hungry so this may end up being a fast day! I'm going to sleep well tonight!

So glad you had an awesome adventure away flumi!!

How is everyone doing??
    @ravensdiet15 how are your days going??
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Great work there @mamainthekitchen!!

Had a pretty good fast yesterday. Due to haitius over vacation and plans for Thursday, that might lead to a fast break, I'm on my second day of a B2B. It's going well. If I do break my fast on Thursday, I could go for Friday. That would put a big dent in the vacation gain ;)
  • weekesy
    weekesy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just completed B2B and doing another fast Thursday to make that a 4:3. Struggling to shift last 5lbs!!!
  • mmovesian
    mmovesian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Had a great fast day on Monday and I'm losing at a steady 1-1.5 lbs a week right now! :) Also today is my 50th day logging which is my longest streak so far.

Had the second fast scheduled for today but I've come down with a nasty case of sinusitis it seems. It started on Sunday and has steadily grown worse. Second one this winter! Planning on drinking plenty of water (as usual) today and my appetite is basically non-existent. Not sure if I should proceed with the fast day? Guess I'll just listen to my body and see what it wants today...

This question probably pops up a lot but how do you all feel about fasting during an illness?
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm finally back on track after a week or two of not wanting to diet at all. :s I tend to self-sabotage every time I hit a mini-goal, which is I think a combination of my body wanting to take a pause to re-set at the new weight, and me being tired of having to plan out my food all the time. I doubt I'll have a loss this week, but if I can get back to where I was before I went off the rails, I'll be happy.

I'm fasting T/Th this week. Tuesday was hard, a lot hungrier than I usually am, but I stuck it out. B)
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Had my first fast of the week yesterday. It went great until dinner time. I sub today and tomorrow, so I won't have time to eat which will help curtail any damage from last night. Then Friday I'll plan for a strict fast (meaning a proper dinner).

@mmovesian, i determine a FD when I'm sick based on how sick I am. Last year, I got really sick and eating was not something I felt like doing, so FD came naturally. Other times, I've needed to eat. The dilemma is when does a FD impair your immune system when you're sick when does it not. I don't have that answer, but I use the way I feel to decide what to do.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Great job on the good fasts!

@mmovesian : When I'm sick fast days are touch and go. Sometimes they help get well quicker. Sometimes not feasible.

Ended B2B pretty easily. Nfd today. Will start tomorrow as a fast day and play it by ear. Coffee date in the afternoon might turn into a dinner date :p
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Fasts on Monday and Tuesday and a 700cal day today. Along with a very nice coffee date. Might not be a lost cause after all :p

Good week overall other than the missing exercise. Will try to get a run and / or some rebounding in on the weekend. I also started riding a cute little quarter horse. Such a sweet horse. Really enjoyed being able to relax while riding....I liked my last care horse but he was quite a handful - ex racehorse and very skittish. The new one is more my cup of tea size and temprament wise :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Good FDs on Monday and Wednesday this week. Had to be Wed even though that's my day off, but I kept busy with housework and a pamper session. My new find this week has been "courgetti", spirallised courgette (zuchini) sold in Tesco. I steamed half a carton and stirred through a couple of cubes (14 cals each) of Laughing Cow cravings, for a really tasty lunch at under 100.

Also tried the cauliflower couscous, which I used as a rice substitute with a rather lip-smacking Iceland chicken bhuna (400 cals)

The scale is moving downwards. I can't tell by exactly how much, as I now have an old fashioned swinging-pointer machine. But that's OK - using a digital scale sometimes leads to a false sens of accuracy (Oh look, I'm 136.3 pounds!). Whereas weight is a lot more fuzzy than that. So a few weeks ago I was hovering over 10 stone. This week I am definitely under 10 stone. Goal is to be hovering around 9 (126 pounds)
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've got an old-fashioned scale too, but it seems accurate as long as I keep it in one spot and stand on it with my feet in the same position (I get different weights if I vary how far apart my feet are). If I step on it 3 times and see the same number, I'll log it.

This morning my scale is telling me that I achieved my goal of being back to where I was before I lost focus. I'll take it as a win. :smile:
  • elaine8505
    elaine8505 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen - the tight jean tip was so good I have to get a new pair of tight jeans...cause mine aren't so tight anymore! ;-) Down 2.5 this week thanks to you and your helpful tip!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    @elaine8505 woohooo!! Coincidentally I bought two pairs of jeans today while out shopping and they are both stretchy! Now I'm re-thinking that purchase!! :s
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Wow, kids!!! It sounds like all of you are moving in the right direction! Loose jeans, agreeable scale...you guys rock!! I had a great FD yesterday. We left to go camping last weekend and I got thrown into a busy week right when we got back. I don't know about you, but I need a day to regroup. I didn't do that this time and it threw everything off. But yesterday was a good reset day. This weekend will be spent getting organized with cooking, cleaning, and getting my mind right. I'm really hoping to get to my goal before the end of April (bday on the 29th). It's totally doable, but I know if I allow too many days where I don't have my act together go by, I won't reach my goal. Here's to staying focused, everyone. Cheers!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Still working on the vacation weight, but fasts were pretty good this week.

What is even better...had two nice rides, found a very nice man (I think, pretty sure this time) and did a 50min intense session on my rebounder just now. How come we forget quickly, how much we love the feeling of moving and sweating....it was lots of fun. Another session tomorrow or a run, depending on weather and mood.
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone from the vast wilderness of months off 5:2. My lame excuse was that I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and put on steroids which turned me into the Very Hungry Caterpillar for several months. So now I'm back and looking forward to getting back on the wagon. Also feeling much better. Very nice to hear that you have found a lovely fella Flumi. Going to try to do 4:3 ( Monday, weds and Friday ) until I can see my toes, and then back to 5:2. Am not going to get on the scales or is this a bit pathetic?
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Whatever feels right for you, lulu! Nice to have you back :)