Good blood results!

Options
Today, I got my results back from my physical. The last bloodwork I had was from the fall of 2014. At that time, I weighed almost 90lbs more than I do today and my fasting glucose rate had rose to 109 (supposed to be 99 or under) and my A1C had rose to 5.9 (should be 5.6 or lower) putting me in the prediabetic range. My results for this month showed vast improvement. My fasting glucose was 84 and my A1C was 5.1 which is normal. I have not seen my cholesterol yet so I can't comment if there are any changes there, but all other levels were normal including sodium. And I actually had a higher potassium level and calcium level than before which I know can be a struggle on low carb. I know some people have concerns about low carb in terms of health benefits, but it really does work and it really does help to improve your health.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Some great improvements.

Side note: potassium and calcium levels really only show what's running around in your bloodstream, not what's where it's supposed to be. :) It's the leftovers, but it does mean that you're likely closer to a good balance there, too.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hoping for numbers that good at the end of March when I go in for my lab work.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Way to go!!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Another great result changing the statistics on LCarb living
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Congrats! Some great improvements.

Side note: potassium and calcium levels really only show what's running around in your bloodstream, not what's where it's supposed to be. :) It's the leftovers, but it does mean that you're likely closer to a good balance there, too.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Great news, congrats!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Great results for your numbers....but Awesome !! on the 90 lbs.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm going to get bloodwork done in May to see where I'm at, wish me luck ;)
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Sarahb29!