Exercise Alternative?

I sprained my ankle really bad last night while skating. I can't put weight on the foot. I was thinking of doing some arm and core exercises for a while until my ankle gets better. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    There are some interesting chair based yoga videos on youtube. You're not going to burn a lot, but the stretching and added flexibility is nice and relaxing.
  • computerfox82
    computerfox82 Posts: 54 Member
    I may have to try that because I'm now on crutches. I can put some weight on the foot, but not much. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • Sabrinarose8
    Sabrinarose8 Posts: 26 Member
    Sorry to hear about your injury, hope you feel better soon. If you look up Jessica smith on YouTube I think she has some chair workouts. Could you do swimming?
  • computerfox82
    Not sure about swimming. I may have to look into that once I'm able to move my ankle a bit more. I'll check her out on youtube. Thank you.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    I think swimming might put a lot of strain on your ankle as you flap your feet.

Is there such a thing a seated battle ropes? Pull ups maybe? A rowing machine might be okay if you're wearing a brace.
  • computerfox82
    I found some pretty cool chair cardio type of workouts. I was breathing a little heavy so it does work. This is what I'll be doing while my ankle still recovers.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    So glad you were able to find something that'll get your heart rate up! I hope your ankle heals quickly!