February 14 - 20

Options
NewOR2015
NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
Happy Valentine's Day! I am grateful for all you "sweethearts" who keep this group going. (Kris, if you're out there, thanks for getting it all started.)

What should we discuss this week?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you guys are doing but I'm having a rough time embracing the new me. I like what I see but the clothes thing is hard to deal with. I keep going towards stuff that I always wore. It's what I like but now I look at it and think is this aging me. literally my mother my grandmother and I all own the same shirt except in different colors. We didn't buy them together it just happened. My grandmother is in her 90's so when I asked my daughter what she thought she goes it's ok but she didn't say it looks great. I think I need a makeover and now that I don't have any clothes I'm thinking ok maybe now's the time to really say ok who am I just what do I like and not just hide in my clothes. But how do you go about that any suggestions?
  • NewOR2015
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I would be the last one for you to ask for advice on clothes. Once I gained weight I stopped caring about what I looked like; I only cared that I could fit into something. Some of the clothes in my closet is 10 years old or older. As I lose weight I continue to wear it until it's too baggy. Then I toss it. Back in high school I dressed for others to see me. I even sewed my own clothes to make it more affordable. As an adult I dressed to hide. I know that as I get slimmer I will want others to notice and will look for better fitting clothes. A goal for me in the future would be a complete makeover. I think that's where you are. Congratulations! I would go for it. At least, try it. Then, you can decide if you like the new look or are more comfortable with what you are used to. I am so jealous! :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Do you remember those glamour shots? Well I did it for my husband except I had a ton of clothes on as i couldn't do the boa nor could I do the sexy hair. It freaked me out. I guess I am going to have to go to the store and just start to try on clothes. :# Maybe do it in small doses or something. I love the yoga pants sweatshirt look I sport LOL
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My normal outfit is either shorts and work shirt or training gear. I do have a few dresses to wear when I am not training or working...
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    LOL the dresses I fit in are my daughters and she's 20, :D I go from looking like a granny to a wanna bee teenie bopper. LOL They should have garanimals for adults you have now reached the late forties early fifties you are to only wear the items with pink flamingos on them. ;)
  • NewOR2015
    edited February 2016
    Options
    LOL Garanimals, very funny, but not a bad idea. There's probably an app where you can stick a photo of yourself and try on clothes...like Barbie. I don't know anything about apps...Ask a younger person...They know everything.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had the opposite problem when it came to clothes. Because I wasn't happy with my looks before, I spent A LOT of money on clothes to make myself look beautiful. Way more than I should have because now I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit anymore (thankfully) and I have a few go to items that I can wear for now. I went shopping yesterday at one of my favorite stores and was able to buy a size 12 jeans, where before, I was a 16/18. It was an awesome feeling. I don't have a lot of extra money for clothes shopping right now so I will be going to the outlets in a couple of months to get some spring/summer clothes because I will have nothing when it gets warmer.

My cousin told me about a website that I just registered for called thredup.com. You can sell your old clothes! You can also buy gently used clothes, without the thrift store smell. I have requested the kit to be sent to me so I can sell clothes. The shipping for it all is totally free. If they don't pay you for some of the clothes, you can have them donated.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I don't have to worry about selling my clothes I gave everything away. I literally have 1 tote of clothes. LOL I'm using my closet as storage it doesn't have one piece of clothing in it. I think I just need to find myself I was always so and so's mom. Now she's a young adult it's that empty nest and new body all at once. My whole identity is lost and I don't know how to dress. lol
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today and ended up buying size 8! Not sure how that happened, last time it was size 12 and I was happy with that! People keep telling me that I'm getting smaller but my weight hasn't changed much in months. Apparently I am toning and moving fat to make way for muscle!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    That's so awesome! I had a pleasant surprise yesterday too. My scale (that I was ready to toss out the window last week) showed a two pound loss this week. Give me a couple of years, and I'll catch up with you. :)
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    I had that same feeling when I bought a size 12 on Sunday. It is actually a little baggy so I am sure a size 10 isn't too far off. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It's fun to read about all of you trying on new clothes and wearing smaller sizes. I bought size 14 pants yesterday and was able to get them on AND zipped up. Right now they are a little tighter than I am used to wearing. I am noticing that wearing baggier, more comfortable styles can actually makes us look bigger than we are. I am not buying many clothes right now as I have quite a few more pounds to lose but I do look online and in magazines trying to plan what my style will be. I am a jeans gal at heart . . . it will be nice to pull on a pair, tuck in a shirt and wear a big smile with them.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    "Tuck in a shirt"...now that will be a NSV moment for me one day. I can't even remember when was the last time I ever did that.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well I must have done my squats right yesterday my tuckus hurts today. LOL
  • Living360
    Options
    @NewOR2015 Not only do I "not" tuck in, my shirts are all longer tunic length to cover the belly and bottom. This is a far off dream of mine.
    @2020pinktogo I googled squats and evidently they are a great exercise that should be in everyone's fitness routine. I am going to add some starting tomorrow, thanks for the idea.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @Living360 I was told to do squats as I just noticed I now have the granny fanny. You know the wrinkles that are under your rear leading to your leg. Well by golly I don't want to have the granny fanny so I will suffer with the squats to get rid of it. LOL ;)
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    Squats are a great exercise to add to any fitness regimen. I do different variations of squats and my booty has definitely appreciated the extra attention. No granny fanny for me! :)
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Okay, one of you is going to have to send me a link for proper squatting.
  • Living360
    Options
    I am at my desk laughing out loud . . . I definitely don't want to be the only one in the group with granny fanny. Squats it is!