Introductions

Options
Hi All! Let's get to know each other. Quick intro... I'm a full time working mum of two from Australia. My heaviest weight was 126kg/277lbs. Over the years I have tried almost every fad diet and lost over 70lbs however have not managed to reach my healthy weight range. This year I had decided was going to be the year I reach that goal the good old fashion way with hard work and determination. Only to have my oldest friend ask me to be her bridesmaid at her wedding in November 2016. This has only added more fuel to my motivation, LET'S DO THIS!!!

Replies

• diane_croft
    diane_croft Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    I'm Diane, I'm also from Australia, I have 2 children and work full time with my husband running our business.
    I also have tried loosing weight with fad diets etc but I always managed to put it back on, I'm a bit like you in that now I have decided to loose it the old fashioned way and I'm determined to keep it off, I'm currently 80kg/ 176pound
    I would like to get to 60kg/132 pound
    I am going to Germany in July and while I'm not expecting to be 60 by then I'd at least like to be 70, and I'm hoping to get fitter in the process
  • megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the US I have 1 daughter and am a SAHM.
    I had been doing well with MFP and lost about 5 lbs but got sick and fell off the wagon.
    Hoping this can get me back on track.
    My BFF's wedding is April 9 and I would love to loose 5-10 lbs by then and another 10-15 by June when we start trying for baby #2!
    CW: weigh in is tomorrow but last week was 143.5
    GW: 135 by April 9
    GW2: 120 by June 11
  • jmbrown090
    jmbrown090 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello from the states! I'm married and have a 5 year old fur baby named Scooby!! My honeymoon is in October and I can't wait!!
    Sw: 241
    Cw: 198
    Gw: 149
  • allyheidi
    allyheidi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm currently in school to become a surgical technologist. I live in the US. My brother is getting married on July 22nd and I'm a bridesmaid in the wedding and I would like to lose at least 20 pounds!
    SW: 185
    CW: 175
    GW: 150
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well, hey @diane_croft always nice to meet a fellow Aussie! Where in Oz are you from? I'm in the NT. Off to Germany? How exciting!

Hi @megcc ! Not long til your BFF's wedding, are you part of the bridal party?

@jmbrown090 oooooh I love fur babies! What breed is it?

Now, @ally191996 , what exactly is a surgical technologist?

Well, ladies, I look forward to getting to know you all.
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am from Ohio I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in August in Florida. I have one daughter
    SW: 207
    CW:196
    GW:150
  • moranjmmj
    moranjmmj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am from California, USA, have 3 daughters, a son and a great husband. I travel for work extensively. Am lucky enough to have met a lot of people and become friends with some. A few years ago I became friends with a few Canadian girls and we have decided to meet in Vegas in June. While working in Canada we all worked out together and I went from 185 to 160. I came home to the US and fell off the wagon and reached 198. But am working to change that. SW 194 CW 191 GW 160 by June's end and 130 at the end of year. I'm ready! Let's go!
  • megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @KrazedBemused nope and yes I am :smile: so want to feel good standing up there.
    Weigh in Today was 141.9 so down some :smiley:
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, I'm Erin from Minnesota, USA. I'm needing to lose some weight for my health and my sister is getting married in November and my 15th high school reunion around the same time. I've been holding steady at 183 for several months, but I haven't been trying very hard either.

SW: 187-ish
    CW: 183
    GW: 125-ish
  • allyheidi
    allyheidi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @KrazedBemused Surgical technologists work with surgeons passing them instruments, assisting in other ways, etc. they also setup the operating room, help position the patient, and monitor the sterile field, among other things!
  • kirili5
    kirili5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks so much for setting up the group!

I'm studying and working. 25, in Hong Kong, and beloved of overeating in the late evening hours.

Bridesmaid in August, trying to get down to a healthy weight from 79 kg, so that's about 19 kg. I'll try.

SW: 78.8 (it's varied A LOT, so lets start with it as is)
    GW: 60

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm a mom and an aunt and my Dr. told me last May that I wasn't healthy enough to be considered an organ donor. Well honestly that just pissed me off and now I'm on a mission to prove him wrong. My next apt is the end of March and I'd like to be under 135. I need all my stuff to come out excellent and we shall see where the next step is.
  • diane_croft
    diane_croft Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @KrazedBemused I'm from Sydney
    I'd love to see the NT it's on my list of places to see
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi! I'm glad I found this group. I am Ginger from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan USA. I have one fur baby Lug Nut. he's an over weight peach point Siamese mix that I got at the shelter last year. He's also been dieting! Lol but unlike me he's doing better haha he's gone from 18.3 starting weight down to 15 pounds in little less than a year. Yes it seems slow but for cats you have to be VERY careful! As for me I am 5'7" and 235 pounds. My highest ever weight was 260 some years ago now. I got down to 210 around five or six years ago. Then in the last few years some crap happened and I ended up at 235. I haven't really tried my best in the last four years to lose but this month that's all changing! I knew my little sis was going to be getting engaged soon and wanted to look my best ever for the wedding. Well yesterday I found out she decided to get married THIS summer! Aaahhh!! So now I have until Augst 27th to be my best. Yes I know I won't make my ultimate goal weight of 135-140 but I am hoping to be 160-170 maybe? By then. At the very least I'd like to get under 200 before I have to walk down the isle as her maid of honor! Wish me luck! I'm going to need it :)
  • KrazedBemused
    Options
    Heya @AvalonsUnicorn !! Nice to meet you! You have 6 months, plenty of time to get started on your ultimate goal!
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ooo @KrazedBemused where in the NT? I worked for a bit out of Jabiru and Oenpelli doing rock art research :)

Hi everyone! I'm Evelyn, I'm 28 and from Australia. I moved to Scotland about 18 months ago and haven't been home since. My big brother is getting married in June and I'm trying to get to my goal weight (63-60kgs depending on what feels right) by then. I'll be a bridesmaid which is motivating but I'm really motivated by seeing all my friends and family again with a new look!

I've been on MFP for a long long time and have been taking it slow. I'm focused on eating real food and learning to love myself and enjoy what my body can do (hike, walk, run, yoga).

Since 2012 I've lost 23 kilos. About 8 of those kilos have been lost since I left Australia and hopefully will have lost at least another 5-8kgs by the time I all my peeps in AU again!! It'll be my big reveal to my parents, extended family and all my wonderful friends on the 18th June :)
  • KrazedBemused
    Options
    @evelynwhitelaw I am in Darwin, have been since October 2013 originally from North Western Australia.

Scotland!! I'm so envious! I married into a Scottish family and my own heritage is Irish & Scottish. I'll get there one day!
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @evelynwhitelaw I am in Darwin, have been since October 2013 originally from North Western Australia.

Scotland!! I'm so envious! I married into a Scottish family and my own heritage is Irish & Scottish. I'll get there one day!

Oh man it's lovely here (despite the weather)! Scottish people are so friendly and welcoming and it's a stunning country. That being said they could all use a bit of an education in vegetables and the sins of the deep fryer! Makes me feel kinda saintly even when I'm having an off day lol