Second time around!

Options
How many ladies out there pregnant with baby #2? How is this one different than your first?

Replies

• syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My son was born in 2010 and I remember a pretty easy pregnancy. This time around, though, I had lots of nausea in the first trimester, and now that that's gone, almost daily headaches and absolutely no patience so the moodiness is intense!! Only 15/16 weeks so it'll be interesting to see how it goes from here...hopeful it means it's a girl this time :)
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am on number 4 (girl, boy, boy and now girl again) and all my pregnancies have been very similar except this time I have gained less weight (but started out much heavier).
  • kristisanchez11
    kristisanchez11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a little worried because I'm not in as great of shape as I was for my first. I'm about 20-lbs heavier (starting weight) and haven't really had a regular exercise schedule for the past year. I'm trying to be more active now (walking, low-impact stuff), but am worried the extra weight and weaker muscles are going to mean a less pleasant pregnancy. :( I gained about 30-lbs total with #1, wondering if the Dr. will suggest that I gain less this time around since I'm starting at a higher weight?
  • arle85
    arle85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm less fit and heavier than my first pregnancy. There's not the luxury of indulging in my aches and pains as my two year old is very unsympathetic.
  • kristisanchez11
    kristisanchez11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I'm sure it'll be rough chasing around a 3-yr old as I get further into pregnancy!
  • _cassie623
    _cassie623 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is my second pregnancy. My son was born in 2013, and now I'm pregnant with a girl. My pregnancies have been pretty similar for the most part. I've had the same types of cravings/food aversions. The only big difference (that my husband pointed out lol) is that I'm not as emotional/moody this time. With this pregnancy, I'm also not showing as early or as much as I did with my son. I'm a little more active this time around, so I think that probably is helping.
  • ejames74
    ejames74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my second pregnancy. I only gained 18 lbs with my first and hoping to keep weight gain minimal this time too. I'm much fitter now than the first time I was pregnant and a lot more active so I'm hoping to have an easier pregnancy.