Surgiversary!

Options
Today is my one year surgiversary. Here's how my year broke down.

Heaviest Weight: 250 (2/13/2015)
Weight the day of surgery: 236 (2/17/2015) - 14 lbs. lost pre-op

Month 1: 222 (3/16/15) - 14 lbs.
Month 2: 211 (4/20/15) - 11 lbs.
Month 3: 200 (5/18/15) - 11 lbs.
Month 4: 194 (6/15/15) - 6 lbs.
Month 5: 180 (7/20/15) - 14 lbs.
Month 6: 173 (8/17/15) - 7 lbs.
Month 7: 166 (9/14/15) - 7 lbs.
Month 8: 162 (10/15/15) - 4 lbs.
Month 9: 156 (11/24/15) - 6 lbs,
Month 10: 151 (12/21/15) - 5 lbs.
Month 11: 147 (1/19/16) - 4 lbs.
Today: 142 (2/17/16) - 5 lbs.

Total Loss: 108 lbs.
From size 24 to size 8 (XXL to M)

This has been the best decision I have ever made for my health. If there are those of you out there unsure as to whether or not this is the right decision for you, just know that your health is invaluable. I will never regret getting my sleeve.

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Those are impressive stats! Thanks for sharing them with us! Congrats on your success!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Happy Surgiversary!! I hope to do as well as you have. Congrats on your progress!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Happy first year! Here's to many, many more to come!! :smiley:
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Awesome work - well done :)
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Great Work! Nice steady losses! Congratulations.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks, y'all. It's been a terrific year full of hard work and interesting lessons.
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, beautiful numbers!!! I'm so happy for you :)

• GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just happened to click on the "Recent NSV" thread... there you were back in June nailing the first 20 minute run in couch to 5K. I did that a few years ago but then quit running, but have started back since surgery. I'm up to 14 minutes and can't wait to match your efforts. Are you still running? I'm doing strength training with a personal trainer 3x a week and running 1-2x/week and am always torn between running more vs. doing too much cardio and negating some of the muscle building/fat loss efforts. What is your exercise routine now that you're at such a great point?
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary! You have shown great progress!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Are you still running? I'm doing strength training with a personal trainer 3x a week and running 1-2x/week and am always torn between running more vs. doing too much cardio and negating some of the muscle building/fat loss efforts. What is your exercise routine now that you're at such a great point?

I am still running. I can't say running and I are always going to be best buddies, but it is a surefire way for my body to drop weight so I keep plugging away. I ran my first 5K at the beginning of November, and I ran a second one on Thanksgiving Day and have another one coming up in March. I've set a goal to do a 10K by the March race of next year (that race has a 10K, 5K and fun run option). I've been running on a treadmill recently (losing daylight was a big blow to my walking/running routine), but I don't really have a set regimen as far as the running goes.

My normal routine is mostly class-based as I do better in group environments vs. solo training. On Mondays, I do a cardio kickboxing class. On Tuesdays, I have a weightlifting class that uses bars and hand weights in conjunction with squats and lunges as well as arms stuff. On Wednesdays, I do a combo cardio kickboxing-fit camp class. I also try to walk as much as I can during the day at work (I'll eat lunch at my desk and take 30 minutes to walk a mile and a half around campus). My daily step count is set for 12,000 on my fitbit, so whatever I am lacking after my classes gets made up on the treadmill after class. I usually set it for the 5K setting and then, when I hit my step goal, if I'm feeling good, I'll keep running. If I'm not feeling it so much, I'll try to make it at least 2 miles before stopping. And, in instances like last night's class, I hit my step goal early on in class and was just running out of gas after Tuesday (weightlighting and ran 5K after) just wore me out. On Thursday and Friday, I usually take a break (except for the walking) and then I just walk in the park for a couple of hours on Friday and Saturday depending on what I have going on that weekend.

So I'm probably not the world's best example. My routine is inconsistent but listening to my body has helped a lot throughout the journey so I'm not keen to second-guess it at this point.
  • kbloomquist1005
    kbloomquist1005 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Congratulations!! My 1 year surgiversary is also the same day as yours:)