New Experience Low Carbing Celebration

Options
baykay1010
baykay1010 Posts: 15 Member
I've been brought over to the dark side by my marvelously wonder other half (IRL Bestie) @KnitorMiss!

So, I was basically just monitoring my carbs (I'm a total pasta junkie!) becasue I have high cholesterol and all that mess. But of course, Knit brags almost daily about how much better she feels with her WOE so I'm slowly learning more and more and being more open to it!

It was totally not by design, but yesterday I had net carbs of 80. It was...mindblowing for me!!

Replies

• baykay1010
    Options
    OH! THis is also my very first post in the group!!! Hi everyone!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! :) Lurker. lol

I just wanted everyone to have a chance to celebrate that 80 net carbs with you!!! Considering I know what those numbers used to look like.

Welcome to the dark side....yummy food will set you free (even though I know you hate bacon, I still love ya, @baykay1010)!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @baykay1010!! Welcome to the group!!
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

The freedom of not feeling like I "NEED" carbs is so huge for me... this low carb lifestyle is addictive in the best possible way!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have a very low carb savvy friend there! @KnitOrMiss helps me out all the time!
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Welcome! You have a very low carb savvy friend there! @KnitOrMiss helps me out all the time!

That feeling and situation is quite mutual, @Sunny_Bunny_! I get as much as I give, and vice versa. I love that about this group... Give and take, ying and yang, etc. :)

EDITED TO ADD: @baykay1010 still thinks I'm insane on the high fats, but her body is far less metabolically challenged than mine, and she's working on a great balance right now... :)
  • baykay1010
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss - I don't think you are crazy! I'm just not sure I can do it..you know with all my crazy texture issues when it comes to fatty meats...and you know my silly brain that takes FOREVER to change it's mind about something!! Lol

@Sunny_Bunny_ - @KnitOrMiss is crazy awesome! She helps me all the time!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    There was a recent thread with another new to low carbing person who absolutely got sick attempting fattier meats. Others helped her work up a plan to add fats back in to her already lean meats she enjoys.

Are you still working to stay away from dairy? I know you're an avocado fan and are tolerant of coconut oil...
  • baykay1010
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    There was a recent thread with another new to low carbing person who absolutely got sick attempting fattier meats. Others helped her work up a plan to add fats back in to her already lean meats she enjoys.

Are you still working to stay away from dairy? I know you're an avocado fan and are tolerant of coconut oil...

I'm not actively working to stay away from dairy...as you should know based on the parmesan i had with dinner last night ;-) I love avocadoes but have a hard time buying them as they are always too ripe and i'm not ready to eat them or not ripe enough and i forget about them. It's such a joy! Lol

I cook a lot with butter and coconut oil. And it's not that i get sick with the fattier meats...It's that I can't handle the texture of fat..like at all...It's the biggest reason i don't like bacon..Why I don't eat a lot of red meat...Why my ground beef is a leaner version, etc...The texture of the fat makes it so that I lose total interest in the food...I have the weirdest food issues!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    baykay1010 wrote: »
    I've been brought over to the dark side by my marvelously wonder other half (IRL Bestie) @KnitorMiss!

So, I was basically just monitoring my carbs (I'm a total pasta junkie!) becasue I have high cholesterol and all that mess. But of course, Knit brags almost daily about how much better she feels with her WOE so I'm slowly learning more and more and being more open to it!

It was totally not by design, but yesterday I had net carbs of 80. It was...mindblowing for me!!

Welcome, welcome. :+1:

If you need more WOE-friends, add me.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    80g carbs is awesome. Well done!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Welcome, friend (of a friend)! :)

I don't love bacon either. It's good sometimes, but I'm certainly not a bacon worshiper like many other low carbers. And fatty meat does not sit well with me either. I get much of my fats from oils, butter, avocado, sour cream, cheese.... stuff like that.
  • baykay1010
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Welcome, friend (of a friend)! :)

I don't love bacon either. It's good sometimes, but I'm certainly not a bacon worshiper like many other low carbers. And fatty meat does not sit well with me either. I get much of my fats from oils, butter, avocado, sour cream, cheese.... stuff like that.

Thanks! That is likely what I will have to depend on as well! An occassionally fatty meat might be tolerated but not often!! ;-)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Welcome @baykay1010 . Fatty meat and bacon are options but not exclusive. Brittish "back bacon" is a leaner cut. Like @Mami1976D I tend to choose lean meats such as chicken and tinned tuna then I add fats. I do also enjoy salmon, white fish, prawns and scallops, if in season. My veg of choice is spinach. I tend to not eat much dairy as I suspect that it does not sit well with me.

Lots of dressing ideas and "fat bomb" recipes here in discussions and the launch pad that can inspire you to find a woe that is healthy and that you enjoy. I just had my first chocolate coconut fat bomb. Yum!!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome - all the best as you strive for better health!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome! @KnitOrMiss 's progress pics was one of the first posts I saw around here. It was a big motivator for me. :) sharing a LCHF diet with someone would be more fun, and maybe a bit easier. I hope it works well for you.

I tend to use dairy and coconut fats a great deal too. Leaner meat with a side of cheese just seems more desirable to me than just a fattier cut.... Usually. As a woman, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. ;)