Fat Additions- any great low carb /high fat sauces?

Options
SamandaIndia
SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
I am on a mission to add even more fats. Looking for dressing and sauce ideas to vary meals plus add fat.

I have added BPC to my am routine. Olive oil or cream on spinach, some avocado and nuts (too many carbs so just a little). Plus I cook with coconut oil or butter n add butter to Steak or coconut prawns. Still 20/100g shy on fat target. I am not hungry but means my macro balance is rarely met.

I easily reach my protein goals with prawns, chicken, scallops, salmon, beef, lamb, eggs, bacon and tuna. Low carb macro sorted too (<20g). Final macro to tweak is fat. I frequently fall short on calories so figure sauces may be an answer. Any ideas??

Replies

• mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You can add heavy cream or whipped cream to beverages, soups, and eggs.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Homemade Alfredo sauce: use equal parts cream and butter, heat while adding parmesan cheese to thicken, bring to slight boil, stirring constantly, and you have Alfredo sauce! Season to taste!

Make it a hollandaise type sauce by adding Dijon mustard.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You have to hit that number exactly. If you're achieving weight loss (assuming that's your goal) then just let the lacking fat be calorie deficit. If you're not hungry, you're doing great! Your body will just use body fat as needed instead.
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love homemade ceaser dressing, I use this one but I use the whole egg and only 1 garlic clove. I also use regualr olive oil. http://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/caesar-dressing/
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ weight loss slowed so thought maybe a bit of mixing things up could help, plus variety is the spice of life, so bring on the sauces :)

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ weight loss slowed so thought maybe a bit of mixing things up could help, plus variety is the spice of life, so bring on the sauces :)

Totally agree with all that! I did my share of mixing things up. Didn't find much in the way of anything that consistent but I'm convinced our bodies like to be stubborn!

I just do the things you already mentioned. I'm probably just eating more of the sauce and stuff than you are cuz I'm almost always over 100g. I'd have to make effort to stay under it! lol

But my standard is to brown garlic in coconut oil and butter, add some cream and cheese and whatever seasoning I feel in the mood for.
    I've used different cheeses for different flavors. Sometimes yellow cheeses, sometimes white cheeses, I've even used cream cheese.

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Mayo! I add one tbs to my 2 egg scramble (before cooking), makes them creamy or make tuna salad with lots in it (watch ur protein) smear it on deli meat.. I love it so i can put it on anything lol
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    If u like ranch get the packet and make it with heavy cream and mayo, last for ever and so creamy! Might need to add alitte water to thin it some
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If u like ranch get the packet and make it with heavy cream and mayo, last for ever and so creamy! Might need to add alitte water to thin it some

It's good with sour cream as a dip for pork rinds and pepperoni crisps, too...
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I love sour cream and go through periods of time (like now) where I want to dip everything in it.
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I mix mayo with sirracha as a dip for chicken or fish. I also dip broccoli in in
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I need fat and am feeling lazy I'll put an ounce of cream cheese, 10 g of butter, and a tablespoon of heavy cream in a bowl. Microwave it for 20 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 20 more seconds. I put it on eggs or a burger or steak or whatever I happen to be eating. You can add parmesan or herbs/spices or truffle oil or whatever tickles your fancy. It's one or two grams of carbs depending on your ingredients and about 19 g of fat. I think I adapted it from a recipe on an egg fast website but it was too long ago to remember.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I did a sauce with 1/2oz of butter, 1oz heavy cream, and 1/8c parmesan cheese shreds. It added a few hundred calories when I was under, and is pure fat. Really yummy over shrimp, meatballs, steak.... etc. Lol