zero calorie pancake syrup.

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
Found this today in my local supermarket, and I was not sure how good it would be, as many Walden Farm products are not that great.... THIS, however, is phenomenal. My kids said it was the best pancake syrup they ever had. I might agree.

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-333176-walden-farms-calorie-free-pancake-syrup-12-oz?utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=bing_shopping&utm_campaign=Bing Shopping&scid=scbplp2960877

Replies

• marshmallowbuff
    marshmallowbuff Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love walden farms pancake syrup!! Seriously the best SF one I've had.
  • jlwoodmass
    jlwoodmass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can buy Walden Farms products in Canada? It doesn't seem worth it buying online when shipping is 3x as much as the product itself. I've wanted to try some of their BBQ sauces. Thanks.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I found it on iherb, and they ship to Japan, yay. thanks! http://jp.iherb.com/Walden-Farms-Pancake-Syrup-12-fl-oz-355-ml/39774

edit: maybe nay. It contains sucralose and maltodextrine, ng for my digestion. :(
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »
    Found this today in my local supermarket, and I was not sure how good it would be, as many Walden Farm products are not that great.... THIS, however, is phenomenal. My kids said it was the best pancake syrup they ever had. I might agree.

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-333176-walden-farms-calorie-free-pancake-syrup-12-oz?utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=bing_shopping&utm_campaign=Bing Shopping&scid=scbplp2960877

Agreed, both that some of the Walden products are inedible and that the pancake syrup is great. I use it where ever maple syrup is called for with a drop or two of maple extract added.

Some other Walden products I've tried and liked since discovering a local business that carries quite a lot of them: Mocha Coffee Creamer, Raspberry Fruit Spread, Caramel Syrup. The business owner warned me about their nasty peanut spread. The "Apple Butter" has a nice flavor but has more of a jelly texture than real apple butter. Catsup and mayonnaise --meh.

I tried their salad dressings 20 years ago and haven't had the courage to try again since.
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have that syrup, it´s pretty good although does have a bit of an aftertaste.
  • CoffeeSalty
    CoffeeSalty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Netrition has a good one called Joseph's. Doesn't give me the stomach issues that just recently trying Vermont Maid SF did. OMG!!! I quite literally lost my pancakes the other day after using that :s . I have seen the Walden Farms in the store but haven't tried it yet.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options

Agreed, both that some of the Walden products are inedible and that the pancake syrup is great. I use it where ever maple syrup is called for with a drop or two of maple extract added.

Some other Walden products I've tried and liked since discovering a local business that carries quite a lot of them: Mocha Coffee Creamer, Raspberry Fruit Spread, Caramel Syrup. The business owner warned me about their nasty peanut spread. The "Apple Butter" has a nice flavor but has more of a jelly texture than real apple butter. Catsup and mayonnaise --meh.

I tried their salad dressings 20 years ago and haven't had the courage to try again since.

I actually got used to their dressing about 15 years ago and ate it every day and enjoyed it. Recently I tried again, to help cut out some calories and OMG it is so nasty. I dont think it changed any, I just dont think I have the patience to "get used to it" again!

I agree with the apple butter - decent taste, weird texture. And their marshmallow fluff is not bad. But a few of the others... yuk.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Be careful if you're the type to get headaches. Walden Farms uses MSG or something wacky in their "natural" flavors. I literally too a single swipe off the inside of the sealing lid of the bottle of the chocolate syrup, and was instantly transported to migraine level headache hell. I will never touch another Walden Farms product again, ever.

This also happened to me (though far less intensely) with the liquid stevia that is the generic brand. I have found that the only thing that doesn't trigger my cravings for sweet stuff is liquid/powdered Sweet Leaf brand Stevia, and only sweetened to tolerance, not taste.

I know this doesn't happen for everyone, and I'm thankful for that, but just wanted to put that warning out there.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options

But, that nasty peanut spread is actually awesome in brownies..... terrible otherwise.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    jlwoodmass wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can buy Walden Farms products in Canada? It doesn't seem worth it buying online when shipping is 3x as much as the product itself.

I'm in Toronto and you can find Walden Farms at many Metro and Loblaws stores. The Metro I go to keeps it on the end of the aisle with canned meat. The Loblaws family of brands tends to put it in the kosher section for some reason. The Low Carb Grocery website has free shipping over $100 and $7.99 flat rate up to 10 kg under $100 which can make the shipping pretty cheap if you buy a few things. A lot of the Walden Farms products are pretty gross, though.

Getting back to the pancake syrup it's good for a WF product. It's way too sweet like all of their products. I would use it more often if there were a low carb pancake recipe I liked. I finished my bottle by adding a TBSP to my coffee in the mornings in place of sweetener.