Nutrient Goals/numbers

Options
BreeMomOf4
BreeMomOf4 Posts: 22 Member
Hi all.
I am newly back on to MFP and was wondering what you all use for your goal numbers for the day. (percentages and/or grams of calories, fat, carb, protein kind of thing) Of course it wants to yell at me that I'm not eating enough calories when I go to set my numbers. lol

I'm 6 mos out and at a stall. Just trying to stay positive and see where everyone else is at.

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    At six months out --- I was at 30 grams of carbs. Now, at 1.5 years out, I am at 50 grams of carbs. I try to keep fat around the same grams and don't worry about limiting protein. MFP "yells" if you go under 1,000 calories but just ignore it if it is working for you and you are following your program. If you are stalling, you might want to change things up a bit with food or exercise. This whole process seems like a constant adjustment and "trial and error" puzzle! :smile:
  • BreeMomOf4
    BreeMomOf4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks klovington. It's nice to hear what works for others. :)
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my carbs were at 6 mo out-- I just followed my nutritionist's guidelines which were to eat protein and veg-- so that is what I did. Hope your stall breaks. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I didn't learn about macros until I became active on mfp last year, after my conversion from sleeve to RNY. I kept up with calories after the sleeve, with terrible results (their plan didn't work for me). So, when I needed the RNY I decided I could not follow their plan that hadn't worked for me before. I had joined mfp to log my food for the surgeon. Through searching the community I found some information that pointed to a ketogenic diet being good for bariatric patients. As soon as I was allowed solid food after the RNY, I began a LCHF way of eating. This is where I learned about macros and percentages in relation to our food choices. At six months out from RNY my macros were 5% carbs (20gm), 20% protein (80gm), and 75% fat (110gm, but I don't always get this much because I don't have to now). These have been my macro split since then.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    All I really care about is calories. I track those as completely and precisely as I can. I have all the other information, but don't care about percentages.
    Usually, I am very low carb, but that's because I'm a lacto carnivore. I go through periods where I'm eating more of whatever meat was on sale. This past week, I was having a lot of Italian sausage, cheese, and ribeye, so grams of fat were higher than protein. But usually protein is highest. Carbs are always lowest.
  • tweety4bonnie4
    tweety4bonnie4 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Could someone please tell me how to change my start weight on MFP ? When my dietitian told me about how to download this program I put the weight I was at that time for my start weight, but I had all ready lost some weight by that time. I would like my progress to reflect my entire amount of weight loss. I would like to thank you for any help you can give me. I only use MFP for free, I'm not a paid member.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Could someone please tell me how to change my start weight on MFP ? When my dietitian told me about how to download this program I put the weight I was at that time for my start weight, but I had all ready lost some weight by that time. I would like my progress to reflect my entire amount of weight loss. I would like to thank you for any help you can give me. I only use MFP for free, I'm not a paid member.

You have to do it from a computer...can't do it from the app from what I can figure out.
  • luke6283
    luke6283 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do it from chrome/internet browser on your phone
  • tweety4bonnie4
    tweety4bonnie4 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I went on myfitnesspal.com but I can't seem to figure out how to change my start weight.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    There is an "edit previous entries" button to change that with right under where you update your weight under the check in tab!