How to do weekends?

Options
Hey all, I posted this in a forum too, but I'm wondering if you all have good tips to get through weekends. I do great with a rigid schedule over the week, but I tend to over eat and have a few drinks. Any advice!?

Replies

• samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Some weekend days I might eat at maintenance, it slows down my weight loss but at least I'm not gaining! I try to stay active, and make good choices with my drinks - prosecco/cava or spirits with a diet mixer rather than a big 14% red or sugary cocktail.
  • smelbo
    smelbo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I treat myself over the weekend, and generally know what I am doing so can kinda plan ahead. That means posting on mfp diary the food intake ahead if time, to see if i can get in a drink or two, and not go over my calories for the day. For me it's not so much the food, but the alcohol, so i stick to vodka and club soda, and if I am in a social environment, jst have the club soda in my glass once I had a few.
  • mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the worst for me, too. I try to stay active. If I am sitting at home doing work on the couch and watching Netflix, the temptation to eat and eat throughout can be overwhelming. But if I get up every once in a while and do something active--usually housework--that helps. I also limit my alcohol intake. I love fruit wines, but they are sweet and calorie heavy, so I've started mixing them with sparkling water to create spritzers. I also try to avoid drinking alone. Having someone else around makes me think about what I'm doing, and I can put on the brakes more quickly so I can focus on company.

If you're overeating at a restaurant, you may just want to plan out ahead of time what you'll eat. Look up menus online and determine what you will have when you get there. Forewarned is forearmed.

If you want to friend/message me over weekends to check in, you're welcome to do so.

Good luck!!
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I do a zig zag plan that lets me average my cals for the week so I eat less for 5 days and then have my high days on the weekend. It's perfect because I'm not sabotaging and it's helpful for your matabolism.
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Freedieting.com
    Put in your stats and then at the bottom there should be a drop down that says zig zag plan.