2nd week on 5:2

Options
Hi there I am new here and on week 2(today is my 4th time fasting) and so far I have lost 4 pounds. I actually lost 6 but I gained 2 back but I think its due to time of month and to much salt this weekend.After struggling for almost a year to loose,this is the only diet that I have seen the scale move. I think after seeing a loss to I slacked on the non fasting days so now I am back to getting on track but happy being 4 pounds less :)

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of yourself as being on a diet. Think of 5:2 as a new way of eating, a way of life. Sodium was a wake up call for me. Not that I was really using it excessively, but I never realized how much was in the prepackaged items I was buying, so I make homemade soup now with no sodium broth & bake more, and read labels! Good luck!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate quite a bit on this method - try not to think of it as gaining and losing in a matter of days, look at the long term trend.
  • jenjenjennifer24
    Options
    You are right, trying not to make this a "diet" and a way of life :)
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm on my second week too. I've used 5:2 in the past but didn't stick with it. It is by far the easiest and best way I have found to lose weight and get healthy. Add me as a friend.
    Great job on your weight-loss!