Calories?

Options
lambie14
lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
Hi all,

I am 10 pounds away from my goal weight...5'6 1/2 and 135lbs, goal 125lbs. I am eating between 1200-1400 calories most days, and am trying to focus on eating whole foods and avoiding sugar and processed foods. My lifestyle is mostly sedentary, but I do try to walk every day, run 3x a week and take a spin class 3x week.
I know every body is different, and different lifestyles require different amounts of fuel, but I am curious as to how many calories the rest of you are eating to lose the last stubborn pounds?
Also, any strategies out there for handling social events? Most weeks I have a couple of functions (no, I'm not that popular, it's work stuff!!) that involve lunch/dinner...Thanks!!

Replies

• Tiffany919
    Tiffany919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm eating about the same as you, but I'm 5'3". Based off your height and last few vanity pounds, you probably need a few more calories is my guess. The stress of the workouts and too few calories might be causing you to hold on to those. Here's a great calculator (be sure to click the Expert and advanced buttons to personalize it best) https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/index.html
  • lucygliang
    lucygliang Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good job on the progress!

I'm 5'4" and these days 118-120lb. I can lose weight with around 1400 calories/day on average. I find I maintain anywhere between 1600-1900 calories. The last pounds are awful! Sometimes I give up and eat at maintenance for a few days. I find it helps, at least psychologically, prep me into going back into a cut. Notice I said eat at maintenance though, and not a caloric surplus. ;) It's so slow, but slow is better than no progress, so any progress makes me happy these days.

Social events are my achilles heel. I often save up my calories. I also take pictures of food rather than log them, because I don't like ppl seeing me log calories.
  • leannamvaughan
    leannamvaughan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Way to go! But If you are working out that much, you should change your status accordingly in MFP, because of how they calculate calories.

That said! I don't do that :smile: I enter in the calories for myself to eat up to 1400 (the lower end of where I would be losing weight) and try to hit at least 200 calories in exercise. The little green number saying 200 makes me feel better than a red -4 if I set my calorie cap to 1200. Also I found that 1200 calorie food intake is just not sustainable for keeping weight under control.

Wish I had some advice for the outings. I'm still trying to navigate that one myself. I love love good microbrew beers, but am switching to rum and Diet Coke. It probably saves me like, 400 calories for real. Haha!
  • lambie14
    lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'll aim for 1400ish this week, and hopefully the scale will move in the right direction.
    Social events are so hard...I think that is where I lose my deficit!