Calling all Ranch Snobs!

Options
rhonv451
rhonv451 Posts: 2 Member
I cant be the only one that LOVES me some ranch! Anyone have "clean" ranch recipes??

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what would be considered clean, but you could buy the ranch powder ( comes in bottles or packets ) and mix it with plain lower fat regular or greek yogurt instead of following their recipe. That can save you some calories. That's the only way I know to get close to a real ranch flavor and avoid all the mayo.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @rhonv451 I just made up a batch of 1 part Kens Ranch + 1.5 part Costco Kirkland non-fat greek yogurt, not super clean, but cleaner and added protein.
  • SamathaDain
    SamathaDain Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been mixing my Ranch powder with plain greek yogurt but recently have tried to find a recipe for homemade mix so I can cut out the preservatives, non-clumping agents, salt, and msg. I haven't found one that I love yet, but I know it's out there. In the mean time I have tried a couple that make me feel better about the amount of ranch I can balance on a celery stick.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Mixing hidden valley ranch powder with Greek yogurt has also worked for me, but I think I prefer to just portion out the normal stuff. It's preference really :)
  • awilson4015
    awilson4015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could also use the mayo made with olive oil and that is much better option than reg. mayo. In the diet i am doing from the doc they allow me to have in moderation of that mayo with olive oil. and you mix it with skim milk and that to make hiddenvalley ranch :)
  • mr1217
    mr1217 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd probably mix low fat cottage cheese with low fat buttermilk to mix with the ranch powder.

Marilyn
  • rebecca_chess
    rebecca_chess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is 18 calories for 2 Tablespoons - I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list to make next! I hope it's good! :smile:

Homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
    Author: Show Me the Yummy
    Recipe type: Dressing Prep time: 10 mins Total time: 10 mins Serves: 11⁄2 cups
    Homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing - easy, healthy, and delicious! 200 calories for the ENTIRE recipe!

Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon dried parsley
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons onion powder
    1⁄4 teaspoons ground black pepper 1 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon fresh chives
    1 cup non fat plain greek yogurt 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon lemon juice

Instructions:
    1. Place the spices (dried parsley - fresh chives) into a food processor and pulse a few times, until the spices have been ground up a bit.
    2. Scrape down the sides.
    3. Place the remaining ingredients - greek yogurt, buttermilk, Dijon, and lemon juice - into the food processor and
    pulse until the ingredients have been fully incorporated.
    4. Scrape down the sides, if needed, and pulse again.
    5. Transfer into a sealable container (like a mason jar) and place in the fridge until you're ready to use it!

Notes:
    ** Nutrition information is for the WHOLE recipe! Eat up! :)
    *** This is a pretty thin dressing, if you like thicker dressings, slowly add in the buttermilk, until the consistency you prefer is reached!
    Nutrition Information
    Calories: 206 Fat: 1.1 Saturated fat: .5 Protein: 16.7
  • dnbnomore
    dnbnomore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have made a similar ranch recipe and it tasted very good. Only problem was it got really thick. I was using it in mason jar salads and it got so thick that it wouldn't mix. I think if you can add some more milk to thin it out, its fine.
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Tried this recipe from Skinnytaste a few times. I always forget how much I like it until I make it again. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/low-fat-buttermilk-ranch-dressing.html
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the skinnytaste recipe. I have done the power with lite yogurt and sour cream. Gonna try this one.