Keto Coffee - Best place for it?

Options
13»

Replies

• BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Recently I opted for lattes with almond milk and they were great! I might order a breve the next time I go to Starbucks or Human Bean, but I feel like the almond milk is a good (and more consistent) choice for my local coffee spots.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I have asked at some random coffee shops if they make their own whipped cream when asking about the availability of heavy whipping cream. Some don't, they purchase the whipped cream premade.

I can tell you why some don't; those little canisters are full of nitrous oxide (laughing gas), and the people working for you will take them to get high off of. Anyone can purchase the tool to discharge them at a restaurant supply store. So when your canisters are being taken, it's cheaper to buy premade. It's sad, but it happens!

Wow! I didn't know about that. You can tell I've lived a wild life huh? Lol
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I own a professional grade whipped cream dispenser with the little cartridges. I looove it. Just made a batch, it it it can keep in the fridge fridge for several days so I've been doing whipped cream inmy coffee and tea. Mmmmm. :)
    Also, I finally found kerrygold!!! I'll be trying that in BPC as soon as I run out of my whipped cream.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I asked if they had heavy cream not half n half at a Bob Evans once and of course they were confused. I explained they probably did (since they make desserts) and it's a thick liquid cream they probably use to make whipped cream with. The lady goes back to ask and said all they had besides half n half was non dairy creamer and brought me some in a to go container.
    I was literally standing there looking at pies topped with whipped cream... I know those kind of restaurants use those pressurized, refillable containers (like Starbucks does) to turn their heavy cream to whipped.
    So any Starbucks that says they don't have it... The person is just confused. They have it.

I went into one Starbucks nearby in Tsukiji and asked if they had real cream, and she showed me the container of "Nice Whip" -- a mix of chemicals and syrup for their toppings. A few blocks away, near Ginza, the Starbucks had real whipping cream with nothing added (and bonus, they spoke English!). So in Japan, it depends on the Starbucks franchise and who orders their cream.