Protein bars or REAL Food bars

Options
Okay, let's talk about bars. Today people are busier than ever and a handful of almonds or an apple are not always the most appealing snacks.. and a dollar burger from the drive thru is also a no go! That's where bars can be your best friend. There are a LOT of bars on the market, some are healthy, but most are junky.

I used to eat Clif Builder bars daily - they taste like candy bars and are delicious, but they are full of sugar. So, I switched to Think Thin bars. Also yummy, and healthier than Builders, but full of sugar alcohols.

Larabar to the rescue! These bars are so good it's unbelievable. I've had all of their many flavors and they all taste exactly like their respective names. Pecan Pie actually tastes like the guts of a piece of pie with no crust. No joke. Peanut Butter Cookie is my absolute favorite!! Even better is that all of their bars are 10 ingredients or less and most are only 4-5. My favorite PB Cookie bar is only 3: dates, peanuts, sea salt. Amazing! The best part? These are some of the cheapest bars out there. The most I've ever paid for one is $1.79 and they're almost always on sale 4/$5. (Builders and Think Thins are usually $2 or more)

Seriously, see if you can find them at your local store in the protein bar section and try a few flavors. You may just find your new favorite healthy snack - or dessert :)

Replies

• jkirby0036
    jkirby0036 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have had the cherry pie but I would love to try the pecan pie!! I will be keeping a look out for these :)