"noodle" recipes??

amipersin
amipersin Posts: 8 Member
I recently bought a spiralizer and tried this recipe out:

http://peasandcrayons.com/2014/04/gluten-free-sweet-and-sour-thai-cucumber-pasta-salad.html

It was amazing, So now I am on the hunt for other amazing "noodle" recipes

Replies

• RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Try spaghetti squash for pasta but make sure you cook it through other wise you "noodles" will be crunchy. I also cut zucchini into strips and sauté them in a little olive oil and use them as "pasta" as well. Tastes very good and you get an extra serving of veggies.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    @amipersin check out the inspiralized.com blog...
  • angelfrog87
    angelfrog87 Posts: 5 Member
    I use the spaghetti squash and zucchini spirals as my main starch with Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Italian. Low calorie, high veggie count and filling. I just substitute the rice or pasta called for in the recipe.
  • dgoods82
    dgoods82 Posts: 21 Member
    Anyone ever hear of miracle noodles? It's a mushroom based product with 0 calories. Filling and takes the place of pasta when you need a change.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    dgoods82 wrote: »
    Anyone ever hear of miracle noodles? It's a mushroom based product with 0 calories. Filling and takes the place of pasta when you need a change.

No but sounds interesting, can you purchase at a regular store? Thanks Gayle
  • spapow
    spapow Posts: 36 Member
    17761776 wrote: »
    No but sounds interesting, can you purchase at a regular store? Thanks Gayle

I believe she's talking about shirataki noodles. It's an Asian noodle made out of some kind of yam. I've seen supermarkets carry different blends. So maybe those are the mushroom ones she's talking about? Can't say I've eaten anything other than shirataki though. I use to buy them at Asian supermarkets. But now since they're a little more popular, they carry them in most supermarkets. Usually see them when I'm passing by the refrigerator section where they keep the tofu.

• dgoods82
    dgoods82 Posts: 21 Member
    http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

They take on the flavor of anything hung you cook and can be found at Wild by nature and sometimes the reg markets.
  • beautifly17
    beautifly17 Posts: 2 Member
    Zuchinni noodles!
  • mr1217
    mr1217 Posts: 12 Member
    One thing I like to do is use 1/2 whole wheat noodles and 1/2 zoodles. This allows me to eat less carbs, but still get some carbs in.

Just add the zucchini zoodles to your pasta in the last 2-3 minutes of cooking your pasta.
  • MacroMan2016
    MacroMan2016 Posts: 11 Member
    What? That's crazy. 15.00 for six small packs of noodles?
    Tried the miracle noodles, didn't like the texture. Too slimy, taste was ok but didn't like for the price. Gayle Minneapolis
    Just tried the rice, 5calories pr cup. Not too good, taste n texture. Very pricey, won't order again. Gayle Minneapolis
  • katkiv22
    katkiv22 Posts: 15 Member
    I love my spiralizer! I do zucchini, yellow squash, and sweet potato fairly regularly. Cukes are fun too, I use them for a fun take on cucumber vinegar salad in the summer. Apples and pears worked too for desserts and snacking.
  • ChelseaPeanut
    ChelseaPeanut Posts: 15 Member
    Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs.

1 pound lean turkey, mixed with 1/4 c. of oats, Italian seasoning, s&p
    - form into meatballs and lay in crock-pot

1 spaghetti squash
    -cut in half and also lay (cut side down in crock-pot)

Grape tomatoes and cloves of garlic (amounts of your choice)
    -arrange these in crock-pot around your meatballs and squash

Water & Jarred Marinara
    -pour 1 c of water and 1/2 c of your choice of marina over everything

Set it (on low) and Forget it (for 5 hours)

When finished cooking, scoop out squash (will be noodle consistency, discard seeds)
    and mix with the tomato sauce that has been simmering.

Voila Spaghetti and Meatballs.

This serves 4 :)
  • alexislgreeley
    alexislgreeley Posts: 6 Member
    My boyfriend and I absolutely love spaghetti squash noodles. The taste is pretty neutral so you can pair it with almost any sauce and meat and not get an overwhelming squash flavor. You don't need a spiralizer but it's still so good !!