LCHF - What's not too love?

Options
mormas
mormas Posts: 188 Member
Week three completed, and here are a few observations I have made by following this WOE;-

1) I get to eat loads of foods I love, and had to banished from many other WOE / diets
2) I'm hardly ever Hungry
3) I have lost all cravings for carbs and sweet stuff
4) I've lost 19lb
5) I no longer have rings around my ankles where my socks have cut in, thanks to water loss
6) I've had no wind / gas, or unpleasant 'toilet issues'
7) I have boundless energy
8) I have better skin, soft and zit free, and my hair appears thicker (these positives may be my imagination / psychological)
9) LCHF followers in this group are a real friendly, helpful and knowledgeable bunch!!

I am also fortunate not to have suffered the dreaded Keto Flu or rash (yet), and have had support and sound advice from everyone I have conversed with in this group.

Feel free to add any of your own

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful! glad it is working so well for you. Keto flu/rash is not obligatory, I've not had them either.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great news! I also avoided any electrolyte issues. Learning about those needs before even starting helped me.
    Though I do believe this woe does have great psychological effects, I don't think any of your health improvements noted are anything but real.
    But it clearly does a lot for our mood and feeling of well being because we are able to participate with a large group of strangers in an online forum without any of the typical forum drama! Lol
    That speaks volumes!
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job! I haven't had keto rash or flu either. Every time I get even a little twinge of a potential cramp in my calf, I eat pickles or drink chicken broth and take an Epsom salt bath. Seems to work for me.
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    mormas wrote: »
    Week three completed, and here are a few observations I have made by following this WOE;-

1) I get to eat loads of foods I love, and had to banished from many other WOE / diets
    4) I've lost 19lb
    5) I no longer have rings around my ankles where my socks have cut in, thanks to water loss
    8) I have better skin, soft and zit free, and my hair appears thicker (these positives may be my imagination / psychological)
    9) LCHF followers in this group are a real friendly, helpful and knowledgeable bunch!!

I am also fortunate not to have suffered the dreaded Keto Flu or rash (yet), and have had support and sound advice from everyone I have conversed with in this group.

Can you give me an idea of what kinds of foods you're eating?
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Can you give me an idea of what kinds of foods you're eating?[/quote]

Sure, have a peek at my diary, I think it's open to public viewing.

@Sunny_Bunny_ I thank you for advocating the benefits of electrolytes, especially magnesium, I think these are partly responsible for my great results thus far x

• emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options

4) I've lost 19lb

I totally have to agree! I've been doing this WOE for almost a week. I've lost 4 lbs and my carvings for sweets and carbs is slowly diminishing. I'm loving it! And everyone in this group is so friendly and helpful and so informative. I've also not experienced the Keto Flu or the rash either.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Can you give me an idea of what kinds of foods you're eating?[/quote]

Sure, have a peek at my diary, I think it's open to public viewing.

@Sunny_Bunny_ I thank you for advocating the benefits of electrolytes, especially magnesium, I think these are partly responsible for my great results thus far x

[/quote]

So glad to hear it! I think it's super important to get that info out right from the start because those symptoms can cause people to quit sometimes and that's unfortunate because they don't know what they are missing and how simple it would have been to feel great.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! For the first time in years I'm not hungry constantly and I get to eat all my favorite stuff! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful @mormas! I'm so happy for you! Imo, every benefit is real, and only gets better, and better!! Time for some happy dancing for all of the success going on in this group!! :smiley:
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Huge successez. I feel similar. Until last week I had not felt exhausted nor got sick in 6 months. Prior to this woe I regularly got viruses. I thought I had maybe finally got keto flu last week so treated myself with broth etc. Turned out it was a real flu ;) still enjoyed the broth.