gastric sleeve surgury best decision of my life!

Options
Any one out there either debating on surgery or have already been sleeved? I would love to share my journey!

Replies

• kimbetat
    kimbetat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to get sleeved on Monday, December 14th! Would love to swap stories & hear an update on your recovery & weightloss & experience! =)
  • ConCav
    ConCav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My surgery is tomorrow, Dec. 22!! Merry Christmas TO ME, right!! I would love to hear your story, any suggestions, etc.
  • cstoli
    cstoli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here blogging about their experience? I am scheduling end of February.
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in the preparatory process with the sleeve. Working on all my pre op stuff. I think I'm still on the fence about getting it done though. Worried about post op side effects. Any thoughts?
  • ezekielswheel
    ezekielswheel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had mine 2 days ago. Still in a lot of pain - the gas is terrible, but getting better little by little.
  • ezekielswheel
    Options
    KrysKiss87 wrote: »
    I'm in the preparatory process with the sleeve. Working on all my pre op stuff. I think I'm still on the fence about getting it done though. Worried about post op side effects. Any thoughts?

How have you been doing? Did you have your surgery yet? I am 1 week out and doing pretty good. Still some pain in waves but all in all I get better everyday. Weight is coming off about 1 pound a day it seems.
  • kellys2015
    kellys2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 3/26/15. Highest wt 281, surgery wt 267, current wt 179. I am curious what everyone's daily intake is like at or around 14 months post op. Calories, carbs, sugars, fats, protein?
  • ezekielswheel
    Options
    A week and a half post op here and just started the new phase of my diet - soups, yogurt, cottage cheese (blended), still no solids, along with very thick protein shakes which taste horrid. I was told to count the liquids in the protein drinks towards my total liquids for the day. Which means less water intake, so for the past 2 days I've only drank 32oz. of water.

Well - it showed this morning while on the treadmill. I barely made it 1.25 miles before my heart started jumping all around. I stopped and cooled down, then got back on. As soon as my heart rate got to about 120 it started skipping all around again.

I can only attribute this to dehydration. I think I am going to go back to the protein powder mixed with water to insure I am getting enough. I can't see those awful pre-made shakes as having any great hydration value.

Also - I hate everything I have tasted so far except cottage cheese. Yogurts I use to love taste terrible. And the funny thing about it is that I went to Walmart yesterday and when I walked in the store smelled like that yogurt tasted. Eating at this phase (1/4 cup every 2 to 3 hours) is really just a pain in the *kitten*. Don't get me wrong, I am craving sushi something fierce however, I am only eating twice a day. I am looking so forward to a scrambled egg.
  • quadfam2016
    quadfam2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    can anyone give me any pointers im still waiting for a surgery day i cant handle the nerves im more scared than anything but know its for a better me
  • circledmetalart
    Options
    I am 5 months from having gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana. I have lost a total of 70#. Still dropping clothes sizes. I have a lot of reflux from whatever I eat...or drink (even water). I think I have been dehydrated most of the 5 months, although it is always on my mind to drink water as I am always thirsty. As time goes on, it gets slightly easier to know what you can and can't eat and drink. I went from a size 22 to a size 12 so far. The option to wear "regular" size clothes is really nice.