February 21-27

Options
TrishV2013
TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
Happy Sunday, everyone! What are your goals for the upcoming week? What's working? What's not?

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It's kind of a gloomy Sunday here. We're expecting some much needed rain. My goal for this week is to eat more vegetables. Even though I've been cutting down on calories for quite a while now I have not been eating as nutritiously as I should. Do you all take multivitamins and/or fish oil capsules? Do you think they do any good?
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I go through phases when I do take multivitamins but I do think they help. I am taking at the moment.

My focus this week is to do some low intensity training to keep in the zone while allowing my muscles to rest. Also need to keep strict with my nutrition and water so I make weight for comp next Sunday!
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Love you're new picture @MrsVelapanur. I need to find renewed inspiration this week. I've maintained my recent loss but need to continue and that seems like a true challenge these past few days. I've had a cold for the past week and have little energy so maybe that's why I'm feeling this way. How do each of you log your foods? Are you diligent in listing every item, every meal? For me measuring and weighing my foods is a must but recently I find logging a chore.

I get on kicks where I buy a multivitamin, take them for a couple of weeks and then they sit. I'm very bad at consistency even when the bottle is right in front of me. Today I question this laziness wondering if I could have avoided this cold or chased it off sooner.

Get on track while you're young. Doing it later in life doesn't make it any easier!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Holy moly after many years of being told take a good multivitamin I did but only because I read so many woman who lost weight lost their hair without a good multi vitamin. Not because my dr has been telling me too for the last 20 years. I do take everything else he tells me as I'm vitamin d deficient so I take a vitamin d3, multivitamin, coq10, vitamin b complex and the 2 prescriptions I need. I take them religiously I have become a very good camper.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Goals for the week to get back into the exercise before breakfast habit.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Thanks for your comments on multivitamins. I will start taking one. I never heard of losing hair when losing weight. I hope that's not true. My dr wanted me to take prescription meds, but I wanted to try losing weight first. Most people I know who take meds will probably be taking them for the rest of their lives. First, he said high cholesterol. That improved. Then he said high triglycerides. That improved. Last time he said high blood pressure. I'm hoping that losing more weight will improve that too.

As for logging, I log everything, everyday. Even when I eat too much...Because no matter how much I overeat it does not compare to how I used to eat. I don't even think of going to an "all you can eat" place anymore because I know I won't get my money's worth like I used to. Back in the day, some of those places probably went out of business because of me (and my family).
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @NewOR2015 You are too funny my grandmother who is a slim woman could walk into an all you could eat buffet and out eat everyone there. It was like her legs were hollow. My sister and I still talk of the time she ate 12 chicken breast It was like she was a bottomless pit. Waitresses kept taking plates away and were amazed this small woman kept eating and could walk away at the end and didn't explode. She ended with 2 huge sundaes and a piece of choc cake. She's 92 and lives on sugar.

Bananas are a great way to lower high blood pressure. I don't have a problem with it but my family does and bananas were recommended to them.

PS 2 days in a row exercising before doing anything else woohoo!!!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I try and log everything but there are days when I don't get to it all. I also go through periods when I don't of anything. When I'm in a good routine, it is easy to log everything.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I log everything but it's easy I eat the same things all the time As my boss says I have no taste buds as I don't find joy in food. Now smell is a whole different thing.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same things during the week because it's easy and I know it works. I absolutely love good food but during the week, it's just fuel for me. I log about 98% of what I eat so I am working on make sure I log everything, regardless of if it makes me go over my calories...trying to held myself more accountable.

Last week I didn't exercise as much as I usually do and I could tell. My energy wasn't where it usually was and by Thursday, I was exhausted. I went for two long walks this weekend, to get some exercise and sunshine. I knocked out a good session with my trainer this morning. My goal this week is to do at least three days of weights. I find that if I lift weights at least three days a week I see better results. Who knew? ;)

As for vitamins, I don't take a multi regularly, but I do take magnesium. It helps with muscle soreness and digestive regularity.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I ordered a new bra today I figured if I put everybody where they belonged I'd be pointed in the right direction. LOL :D
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Now, you're the funny one!
  • Living360
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was logging every single thing I ate, over or not and recently it seemed like too much work. We were away from the house for nearly a week, eating out blah, blah, blah. I am back on track today! I exercised when I got up and I am continuing to log my calories. Without the discipline I probably won't have continued success. With this cold I have came foggy thinking. It only takes a few minutes and I deserve the time.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    So far this week is average, nothing great but not bad either. Nothing to report. :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    electrician was back today and tomorrow we have the insurance adjuster coming to look at the damage we shall see. though Nation wide says that each little fire is a claim they won't pay to get everything fixed. Well here's the deal I'm not going to let the house keep having small fires so the insurance can cover them. What if the house burns down then they would say well you knew the wires were bad . Just going to as my daughter says suck it up and take the hit.
  • Living360
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Your family's safety is "priceless". Hopefully the insurance adjuster will be as generous as possible . . . repairs are never fun and often stressful. Good luck!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @Living360 that's how I feel my hubby is more that just what needs to be done. He's not thinking I'm here alone as we work different shifts. It's everyone save yourself. He will be the death of me
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I finally dropped weight again for the first time since early Jan. I suspect I have stabilised at my current weight zone, but need to be slightly lower for comp on Sunday to make weigh in. (I wanted a little bit extra to ensure that differences in scales doesn't affect me) I am now 1.2 kgs below what I need to be!!! Will keep strict this week to maintain...
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I agree. Safety first...An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Fire is no fun.

@CaptainBoing Differences in scales is a pain...especially when I go see the doctor. I always weigh more at the doctor's office. (Difference in clocks (time) also gets on my nerves.)
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Yeah, weigh in at comp is only at 10:00! So I still have to be cautious on the morning. After weigh in though, I will have some nice food to give me energy for my first fight which could be from 11:30. And Sunday evening I can eat whatever I want!!!!!