Calorie cycling

Options
katnoir1
katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
So I know the basic principle of calorie cycling is to eat more on days you do more, ie eating more on lifting days. I'm finding though that on my actual lifting days I'm not that hungry, but that 24 hours later I'm ravenous (unfortunately this usually falls on a rest day). To me, this kind of makes sense... my muscles aren't requiring more food until they've started to really repair the damage from the training. But I know this goes against pretty much everything we're told to do. Does anyone else find this? Do you think it matters if I'm sort of reverse cycling (eating more on rest days)?

Replies

• razzle973
    razzle973 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Following - I am having the same issue!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Following and hoping for good answers! You could also post this in the Stonglifts 5x5 for women group - they're a little more active. :)
  • doccnm
    doccnm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It depends what your goals are. If you are not looking to lose/gain weight then it may not matter. However if you are trying to lose fat and maintain muscle it matters a lot. Log onto the web site Breaking Muscle. The folks there (nutritionists, exercise physiologists) are both professional and keep fit. They address these issues and give a lot of good info. Are you using supplements like BCAA?
  • katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The only supplements I take are a daily multivitamin and the odd protein shake.

I am looking to lose fat + build muscle. I'll check out the website :) thanks!