Getting over food aversions

Options
Just wondering how some of you have overcome food aversions, especially when it comes to necessary food types. For meat aversions, there are ways to include more vegetarian/ vegan options.

I'd like to know what kind of aversions you have/ you've had and how you deal / dealt with it.
These days I find myself repulsed by vegetables, which I normally like very much, so I'm trying hard to get more in my every day menu.

Replies

• tiastahl
    tiastahl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Broccoli was my favorite veggie before i got pregnant. Now i can't stand it. Makes me gag. But sometimes i force it down with some cheese sauce and only take a bite between bites of other stuff.

How do you feel about smoothies? You could sneak a serving of veggies in with the fruit.
  • ChrissyLee2014
    ChrissyLee2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I can offer any advice on this really since I'm in the same boat. Everything tastes and smells funny now. I used to love veggies too, now I just want a cheese burger (but not that I'm indulging). I'm forcing myself to eat the veggies, which are better with dip. Honey mustard tastes pretty good on steamed broccoli.

We tried the birds eye protein blends steam bag last night, which was really good.
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I actually ended up trying a whole bunch of different veggies, raw without dip and Broccoli, colored bell peppers and zucchini slices were good! Baby carrots. not so much.

Might change over the next few days, as it seems to XD hahaha
  • StrawberryAqua
    StrawberryAqua Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love tuna & mayo, but I have to watch that tuna intake, and I'm not getting enough protein.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm actually in the opposite boat. I've been craving tons and tons of fruit, and you can bet I've been happy about that! My main aversions have been coffee and chocolate, and I've been wanting to reduce my dependency on those anyway.
    For Strawberry and her happy tuna craving, have you tried canned salmon? It's similar in flavor and texture to tuna and it doesn't come with the same mercury warnings. I've been really loving it lately!