Options
    Dragonwolf: BTW I changed my user name from rddennison to Kentuckybirdlover
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    What are your height and weight?

5'1" 167 lbs. The 1270 came from MFP for my goal

Ah, that explains the 1270. :) 930 technically isn't bad for your stats, though arguably too steep to try to maintain it, so as long as it's just part of the normal swing of appetite, you'll be fine, even if MFP yells at you. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    rddennison wrote: »
    Just curious what your macro split is?

I wish I could find guidance about this in the book. He does not specify. It is low-glycemic carbs but not necessarily restriction of good carbs.

I guess weighing and logging everything will be the only way to know for sure.

Yes. I will tell you that I have 40% protein, 30% fat, and 30% carbs set as my goals right now. I am sure that is too much carb for most people on this board but I am only eating 2 fruits/day and no refined carb. I will adjust as I follow the diet guidelines and figure out what my actual distribution is. Today is a new week and I took off 3.2 lbs, not hungry, and not irritable. Good so far.

If it's working for you, then it's a good thing.

My macros are:

25% carbs-82g
    40% Fat-62g
    35% protein-123g

Calories are 1400

I usually hover between 60-70g Total Carbs and go way over in protein and a little over in fat most days
  • Kentuckybirdlover
    Kentuckybirdlover Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    rddennison wrote: »
    Just curious what your macro split is?

I wish I could find guidance about this in the book. He does not specify. It is low-glycemic carbs but not necessarily restriction of good carbs.

I guess weighing and logging everything will be the only way to know for sure.

Yes. I will tell you that I have 40% protein, 30% fat, and 30% carbs set as my goals right now. I am sure that is too much carb for most people on this board but I am only eating 2 fruits/day and no refined carb. I will adjust as I follow the diet guidelines and figure out what my actual distribution is. Today is a new week and I took off 3.2 lbs, not hungry, and not irritable. Good so far.

If it's working for you, then it's a good thing.

My macros are:

25% carbs-82g
    40% Fat-62g
    35% protein-123g

Calories are 1400

I usually hover between 60-70g Total Carbs and go way over in protein and a little over in fat most days

That is very similar to mine! I know a lot of people on here say they don't care much for meat but I do!! Typical evening is steak, chicken breast, or boneless pork chop which my husband grills and then a salad and a steamed or roasted vegetable. Very filling and delicious. I gave up gluten about 2 years ago and the gluten-free bread is so bad, I don't miss it at all.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Even though I enjoyed Keto, I'm still seeing the same lack of cravings and mind bending hunger keeping my carbs at the above listed numbers, and my weight loss is steady.
    I'm lucky in that I don't have any medical conditions that force me to keep my carbs at keto levels.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Excellent. :) More to read! I like to read low and lowish carb diet books. Thanks for mentioning it.

Best wishes with it. It seems higher protein and carb than what I do, but I like to read more or different diets. Definitely keep us updated.
  • Kentuckybirdlover
    Kentuckybirdlover Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone: Since I was asked to keep you posted, here is a report. After 2 weeks on the Change Your Biology diet, I am down 5 lbs. Not really hungry so trying to stay above 1000 calories so that MFP does not scold me. I am keeping my % to 40 protein, 30 fat, and 30 carbs so not ketogenic and considerably above what most of you want to be. Using my FitBit so staying around 7000-10000 steps. Though on a plan a bit different from most of you, I am enjoying this message board.