50extra - My weight loss journey with all the embarrassing details

Options

Replies

• Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hey man it sounds like you are tracking well (apart from the odd beer which you're entitled to so don't beat yourself up).Keep posting you're inspiring me to go to the gym more often and get things done. I'm like you not seeing a lot of movement on the scales but some upward trends. Good on you for creating a triathlon goal. I admire anyone who can do those sorts of exercises. I look forward to seeing your progress with this
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good luck with C25K! I started it a bit back and just ran a (slow) 5K race this past weekend! I'm lucky because I can run outside, I live in Florida, because I get really bored on the treadmill. I use an app called 'map my run" to create running routes equal to the distance I want to run that day then I'm off. Maybe it's something that will help you someday. :smiley:

Don't kick yourself too much about slow or stalled weight loss, it's going to happen. Just remember that you're in this for the long haul and life is going to happen along the way.

Best of luck to you, I'm here cheering you on!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Had to do a littl update on my workout since I'm pretty impressed with it.

So after watching my 600 pound life and then starting to watch Fat chance I went downstairs to do cardio. My normal 45 minute ride on the bike was the best one I have done yet. I worked up to a level I hadn't got to before so I was already pumped with my workout.

Then immediately after the bike I got on the treadmill. I have done my first two days of C25K on a 2 degree incline and a varied speed increasing each new set. The first two days were really easy for me so I wanted to test my running with no incline. I gave up just after half a mile and decided to do day three of C25k. The difference was I immediately set my incline to 4. My walking intervals are done at 3.6 and for my 8 running intervals my speeds were 5.2, 5.4, 5.6, 5.8, 6.0, 6.2, 6.4, and 6.6.

Tonight turned out to be a real nice workout and I wanted to share. Mommas in bed already so I had to share with MFP friends instead! Now I'm starving and it's almost 1am, need to make some healthy choices now.
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!!!!! Late night workout do you have trouble sleeping after? Just curious. I have trouble sleeping wondering if I worked out if I'd get tired enough to sleep. I was afraid it would wake me up more.
  • 50extra
    Options
    I have trouble sleeping at normal times all the time. My body would run perfect on a 30 hour day, stay up for 20 hours and sleep for 10.

If anything though I'd say working out at night would help me sleep. I do cardio hard even though the numbers I post up for my burns seem low. I use my heart rate monitors burned calories to post because I don't want to overestimate how many calories I burn in a day. By the time I'm done my cardio session the back of my shirt is completely drenched and over half of the front, I'm pretty much exhausted even trying to walk up the stairs afterwards. I run anywhere from 150-165bpm for my cardio session.

After every workout I also take a real hot steam. We have a beautiful spa style shower with a steam unit in it. It's got two huge rain shower heads and four body sprayers. It's a real nice treat to relax in there and drink a cold protein shake after a hard cardio session and it definitely calms me down at night. It's got a two person bench in it, truthful four people could steam at once in it if two stood up and two sat down. It's pretty cool!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Wow I love your bathroom. I probably would work out just so I could steam in your shower. I hope you know how lucky you are!!!!

Seriously thanks for your imput. I wish my knees would let me work out like that, cause I used to do that too. Walking is okay but it doesn't get me like a serious Zumba or run. But I have to be realistic maybe I need to do longer distances to get the sweat on.

I hate having weakness. I guess I have a younger inside and an older outside.
  • Kell2912
    Options
    Isn't it awesome when you have a massive workout. You feel like you are going to die at the time but once its done you feel like you can conquer the world. Congrats on the great workout.
    Oh and I want your shower. It sounds lovely
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I also find that I sleep better when I do my cardio later in the day or evening and push hard. And that description of your shower...I think you're going to have the entire group jealous of your bathroom!
  • 50extra
    Options
    Yeah we are pretty lucky in regards to our earnings, we both have awesome jobs and when we built this house we went all out in the ensuite. It's not crazy but it's pretty nice. It will be hard to top if we ever move.
  • 50extra
    Options
    In case people are wondering. It's nothing crazy but seriously comfy. I steam every time I shower too.

vpa4qujbq3o3.jpeg
  • Kell2912
    Options
    Wow looks awesome. I think i'd set up camp in there. Good on your for using some of your hard earnt earnings to have some nice things.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    I agree with @khatmott so many people don't enjoy nice things.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Oh most of my life I have been the other way around and spent too much of my money on toys and goodies and didn't save enough. It wasn't until two years ago that I smartened up and started doing serious retirement planning. I even have a personal finance blog to keep me to track.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Don't you just love technology. I found an gratitude app. Our grief group said to help us with healing to list a few things every day that you're greatful for. I was playing around and found the app. I love this app and map my walk app. It does make it easier.
  • 50extra
    Options
    I did the first workout of T25 today. It's the worst thing I have ever tried to put my body through. I will not be able to walk for the next 4 days. I couldn't even do the modified workouts. I have a long way to go but once I get to the point physically where I can do the real workouts I will be in great shape.

Afterwards I decided I was going to walk on the treadmill but my legs are so sore I quit after 3 minutes. I don't know how I'm going to be able to continue with C25K and T25.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Oh yeah and my wife did it with me. She pretty much crushed the workout and now is doin Ab ripper x from p99x while I sit on the couch feeling sorry for myself Hahahaha I'm so out of shape!
  • Kell2912
    Options
    ok i have to ask. What is T25??? It sounds rather brutal. Keep going with it. Your body might be crying now but it will be singing soon
  • 50extra
    Options
    It's a beachbody workout similar to Insanity or P90X.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Wow it sounds rough but you finished it so that's an accomplishment !
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    It does sound brutal, but I'm so curious I wish I could try it out without buying the whole thing. lol