COLD a lot vs Hot Flashes

Options
Hello! I am in perimenopause, I had a partial hysto done in May of 2014. Just recently, I've been finding myself really cold at times. Times when my friends are complaining the room is so warm, and at night, I need more blankets at bed time, and our house temp is set comfortably enough for my husband to walk around in his summer shorts. Is this a change in hormones? I know everyone talks about hot flashes, but I seem to be the opposite right now.

Replies

• sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I get both extremes so I think it is related and part of hormonal changes. Not fun!
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I too am in perimenopause. I just had a similar experience last month when having a bout of hot flashes. Either I was super hot or super cold - made it very difficult to dress for the office. At first I thought it was because I got clammy and sweaty from the hot flash, but I would get cold even when I didn't have a hot flash for quite some time. Love it - NOT!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    LOL! Yep, it is hard to know how to dress.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm just generally WARM these days. WARMER than I used to be. I don't really get hot flashes, but my ears get really hot.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I remember getting really cold too. My body just couldn't seem to regulate. I'm on HRT now so I haven't had any issues lately.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm cold. I'm always cranking the heat at home and wear bed socks to bed.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ok. Good to know. This past weekend I was on a girls weekend and my girlfriend and my sis were complaining how warm it was in the room and I'm in a sweatshirt and sweat pants curling up under covers as I was freezing. They thought I was getting sick but I feel totally fine....now I can tell them-Hormones! :-)

• Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes. Both. Annoying. lol
  • weightaminutenow
    weightaminutenow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I always ran cold before menopause....now I'm warmer. One thing to consider though is that always being cold can sometimes be a sign of hypothyroidism. Have you had your thyroid checked? A simple blood test will confirm.
  • artsyfarts700
    artsyfarts700 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wake up in a puddle every morning. I get night sweats something awful! Anything I can do about that??
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I get this, I'm so cold and no-one else is. I have layers of clothes available at work to add if I need them (as well as a blanket for my legs).
    I've gone to bed dressed for artic conditions and then had a night sweat..... you just can't win!
  • cbfliz
    cbfliz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh happy days! I am so happy to read this.
    I've always been one to feel the cold but over the last couple of years this seems to be getting worse. My OH is like a furnace and I am the 'polar' opposite. I can be sat on the sofa with multiple layers on and yet feel cold on the inside. It is so annoying and makes me feel so unmotivated to go out and do things when I know I'm just going to feel cold and miserable.
    No sign of hot flushes yet, although sometimes I can get what I would consider a wave of slightly luke warm heat from out of the blue.