Introduction, Friend Request

Options

Replies

• iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a returning mfp person who is realizing I may need to just stay put. I am 46 years old and seeing that I have to be much more diligent as I get older, things are definitely changing in terms of my body and how I gain or lose weight. I have gone on and off mfp over the years, and tried ww for awhile but was only mildly successful with that. I have seen mfp as the most successful for dropping weight out of all the programs I have tried. I have been doing yoga for 8 years now, do cardio 3 times a week and try to walk as much as possible. Looking for people to keep me motivated and give advice when needed. I have a trip to hawaii in the spring and that is helping to keep me motivated right now, but after that I will need help staying on track.

5'8"
    currently 176.6
    highest 217 (2008)
    recently been between 175-191 over the last 3-4 years
    goal 160-165
  • jlang143
    jlang143 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jen from Chicago! I started MFP last year and fell off the bandwagon so I'm back at it! Please feel free to add me as a friend! I always love more motivation!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey all! I'll be 40 in July. I've lost about 15 lbs so far and I've challenged myself to lose 40 more by my birthday (and about 22 after that, which would ultimately put me at a goal weight of 150). I'd love more friends around my age for motivation and support! And to tell me what to expect when turning 40...haha.
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 45 and did well a few years ago with MFP and a personal trainer. I'm back as the weight is slowly creeping on and I need to take control before it controls me. My diet changed drastically in November due to allergy diagnoses; I'm allergic to wheat, eggs, dairy, peanuts and chocolate; makes for a challenge when dining out and coming up with sweet fixes. When I was on MFP before I was the fittest I'd ever been and I am striving to get there again.

I look forward to take anyone who wishes to come along this journey with me and support you along yours as well!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Dear all,
    This is my 2nd time on MFP. I did really well last time, but was unfortunately taken over by events. In the last three years I lost both my parents after chronic illness. My mum passed away Dec 2013 after COPD and six weeks later my father was diagnosed with terminal oesophageal cancer and he passed away last summer. With all the stress of caring and putting my own needs second I put on a lot of weight again and when I weighed myself at Christmas I was the heaviest I've ever been. I feel I turned a corner now and can start putting myself first. I have a great partner who is very supportive and we recently set a date for our wedding in October (first time for both of us...). We have two dogs and are quite outdoorsy people. 5 years ago I used to be really quite sporty. I used to distance run, do triathlons, but I totally let myself go and I need to start from scratch. So that's me, I'm in the UK, I'm 45 years old with 44 pounds to lose and I'm 7 pounds down so far.
    Heaviest weight: 176 pounds
    Current weight: 169 pounds
    Goal weight: 132 pounds

I would welcome friend requests for mutual banter and support. :)
  • TraciBru
    TraciBru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello i am traci feel free to send me friend request
  • Margie1974
    Margie1974 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Margie I'm 41 and looking to find people who are on this weight loss journey while trying to balance life out!
  • gatsbygirl99
    gatsbygirl99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 42, married, 2 children. 5'5" 155lbs heaviest I've ever been. I was very sedentary the past year and gained 30lbs. I've back in the gym 15 days now. Looking for friends.
  • Mama_cc
    Mama_cc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Howdy, y'all... 47, married w/2 kiddos. Back here on MFP to tweak my routine and train for another half marathon after last year's injury during a spring race. Had a lazy, indulgent holiday and am determined to whip things back into shape again. Looking to add friends, mileage and motivation! Feel free to add me : )
  • Sassystac76
    Sassystac76 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bring it on!!! I am willing to support and be supported in a positive motivating way. For you, from you and with you all
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hi... I am 48, soon to be 49, married with 2 kids in college. I lost 50 lbs last year and my goal is to lose another 20 lbs in 2016. I'm on MFP everyday to log, etc., but don't always have a lot of time to post. Feel free to add me. TY.
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi....Looking for a few friends to offer support and encouragement. I'm 47 married with 3 adult kids, and one of my children, my son convince me it was time that I seriously try to get in shape and to get healthy, and he's doing it with me. Of course we just started going to the gym 3 weeks ago, and he is helping me a lot, but it is still lacking since he seems to be dropping the weight much faster then I am. I have just started using this site, but my weight loss started almost two years ago. My initial weight was 243 lbs, and when I started going to the gym my weight is 212 lbs, but I am hoping that at the end of this journey that I will be weighing in around 130 to 135 lbs. I have a long way to go.
  • crispaholicshaz
    crispaholicshaz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi....Looking for a few friends to offer support and encouragement. I'm 47 married with 3 adult kids, and one of my children, my son convince me it was time that I seriously try to get in shape and to get healthy, and he's doing it with me. Of course we just started going to the gym 3 weeks ago, and he is helping me a lot, but it is still lacking since he seems to be dropping the weight much faster then I am. I have just started using this site, but my weight loss started almost two years ago. My initial weight was 243 lbs, and when I started going to the gym my weight is 212 lbs, but I am hoping that at the end of this journey that I will be weighing in around 130 to 135 lbs. I have a long way to go.

Hi... Well done, on ur journey so far.. Add me if u like, i would send u a request but it seems to be playing up at moment..
    i have found friends are brilliant for motivation & its lovely that ur son encouraged u too...
  • rxguy9
    rxguy9 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Add me if like
  • RobertM2040
    RobertM2040 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    42. Not really trying to lose weight, but be healthy. Trying to avoid that day when people think my wife is my daughter. We had kids later than most, 6 and 3 year old. Want to be healthy for the rest of our lives to be grandparents (after our kids have graduated from college and graduate school).
    Do a mix of cross training, orange theory, and boxing. Job is very stressful and often chaotic. Exercise is an outlet.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I lost 132 lbs, still over 100 more to go. I love new friends :) Please add me :smiley: XOXO
  • Demed70
    Demed70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi All, 45, Married from PA. Dad to 3 boys and a Step Daughter. Looking to turn this "Beach Ball Body" into a "Beach Body" :smile: Looking forward to the challenge.
  • patty7006
    patty7006 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We all need accountability and motivation!
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    height: 5'11
    weight: 172 (maintenance mode)
    avid biker and runner

feel free to add me!
  • lcottomsvcs
    lcottomsvcs Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Hello All, looking for friends and motivation. I am 48, married with four children in a blended family now (mostly) grown, four beautiful granddaughters. Trying to get back in shape after a scare with the cardiologist. I am blessed that my husband works at a university so I have access to great work-out facilities, and I am going 3-4 days a week, plus attend a weekly yoga class. Beginning weight 2 months ago was 189, now down to 185 with 30 more pounds to go. I've just started using this site, along with a Garmin Vivofit HR to log steps. I am a teacher, so getting the 10,000 steps the cardiologist says I need is not hard on workdays. Weekends are another issue! Please add me, I would love new friends!