Turning off calories on MFP

Options
jumanajane
jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
Hi...several months back we were given a way to turn off the calories on our diaries if we wished. I have searched way back but can't find it now. Can anyone tell me again how to turn them off please???

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    It's in the LaunchPad. A script authored by Dragonwolf.
    Scroll all the way to the bottom, past the recipe links, under Miscellany and "Enhance MFP"
    Here's the download link: https://github.com/ShaunaGordon/mfp-calorie-remover/raw/master/mfpcalremover.user.js
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Thanks baconslave!
  • CoffeeSalty
    CoffeeSalty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I found it but have absolutely no idea what to do with it. I clicked the link and all it does is open in another tab (Mac, Safari).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    You have to install Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey first, I think.
    @Dragonwolf or @FIT_Goat probably could give you a more detail in the install.
    I'm not a tech person, sorry. They've been tagged so maybe they see this today.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    You have to install Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey first, I think.
    @Dragonwolf or @FIT_Goat probably could give you a more detail in the install.
    I'm not a tech person, sorry. They've been tagged so maybe they see this today.

baconslave is correct.

Now, I don't have a safari browser in front of me (I usually use firefox or chrome on my work macbook), but it seems there is a safari version called greasekit. http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/20718/greasekit

If you install that, then visit the original link, the script should ask if you want to install it. Everything works automagically after that.
  • CoffeeSalty
    Options
    @FIT_Goat I installed GreaseKit and it says it installed, but I can't find it anywhere. I tried the original script link but nothing happens. Oh well. I use MFP mostly on my iPhone anyway to log food. Thanks anyway. :blush:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    TamperMonkey has a Safari version. I recommend installing it and removing GreaseKit. The link is in the readme of the script. Once you have it installed (you may need to restart your browser), you should be able to go to the script link and it will open a new tab, but the tab will have information about the script and an "install" button (as opposed to just a bunch of text).
  • CoffeeSalty
    Options
    I can't even find GreaseKit to uninstall it even though it supposedly was installed! I'll try the TamperMonkey, thanks.
  • fangirlish
    fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Got it installed and running - kinda weird not to see the calorie column but I think I can get used to it! :) I like being able to focus on the macros.