Biggest struggle

Options
rocky__5
rocky__5 Posts: 9 Member
What do you struggle most with, is it your choice in food or do you over indulge?

Replies

• typaymommie
    typaymommie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big meat eater, unless it's fish/seafood. I eat a ton of fruit and vegetables. But eating a lot of fruit brings my daily sugar intake very high. And lots of vegetables are high in carbs. I've started finding some that will fit with my daily goal, and just supplementing the others when I can. The other issue is meal portion. I just bought a food scale and am excited to use it. I think what I think is 4 grams of meat is much than than the actual thing.
  • rocky__5
    rocky__5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You have to let me know how the scale works, sounds like a great idea to get portions under control! I love veggies to but over indulge what's your goal
  • amandabosfr80
    amandabosfr80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do not take the time to eat a proper lunch or dinner and find myself snacking all the time or when I do seat and eat it s way out of proportion.
  • jayant_g
    jayant_g Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find the calorie counter has helped me curb my overeating and snacking. The real issue for me is a lack a repertoire of quick, easy, and nutritious meals and carving out the time to exercise.

I also started using a food scale and it's been really eye opening. Highly recommend a good scale that can do metric and imperial and can be "zeroed" after the addition of each food item. It makes filling the calorie counter much easier and reliable!
  • sew205
    sew205 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I struggle with wanting to eat as a distraction from whatever I'm doing right now. (Which suggests that maybe I should be working on mindfulness, too!) My three big food challenges that I identified when I assessed my weight loss barriers at the end of 2015 are 1) portion size, 2) too many carbs in general (food choice), and 3)snacking.
    1) Dinners and breakfasts at home were already fine - we almost always cook and eat at home, and usually eat reasonably healthy stuff (my husband and kids are all at a healthy weight), so when I decided to deal with my weight, I left our basic family diet alone - I just limit how much I personally eat at those meals. That works fine, and I don't feel deprived.
    2) I'm happy with the changes I've made to my weekday lunches (mostly addressing the food choice issue by replacing sandwiches with salads). Turns out lunch salads are pretty great!
    3) My remaining (BIG) challenge that I haven't really managed yet is overeating snacks, especially when I'm stressed at work, which is pretty much all the time. I keep a bunch of not-terrible snacks at work, just for convenience, and I'm now thinking I should bring them all back home and just bring that day's allotment with me. However, I also struggle with it at home, so that would only fix part of the problem. Really, I think I'd do best if I had a snack dispenser that I could not control, that automatically dispensed only on a limited schedule... where can I get me one of those?