insomnia

Options
Does anybody suffer from this horrible thing called insomnia? I have not been able to fall asleep for awhile now. I lay here and look at the ceiling until 4 or 5 am. I don't get enough sleep. I take melantonin, magnesium, u name it and I tried it even at the drug store. Idk what to do any suggestions?

Replies

• Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't have insomnia but I do find I need less sleep as I've gotten older. If I have trouble falling asleep it's usually because I didn't physically do enough to get me tired or if I've taken any sinus medicine late in the day. Sometimes too much tv or electronics gets the brain going and it's hard to make it slow down enough to sleep. I take melatonin a couple times a week. It doesn't help me fall asleep or even get more sleep, but when I wake up I feel rested. I read an article a while back while my daughter was on steroids that trouble sleeping would be an issue so it suggested that you go to bed with small bedside lamp and read from a book for at least 30 min to help the brain slow down. Some people can drink cup decaf warm tea.
  • BeckyW80
    BeckyW80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Melatonin helps me, and sometimes focusing on slow deep breathing does too. Wish I had more to offer.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I take ambien. It got to be a huge problem for me.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    me, I take Natural Calm and its wonderful/