fat bombs

Options
Yesterday I had my boyfriend pick up a whole bunch of ingredients to make fat bombs. I found like four recipes I wanted to try.

Yesterday my son and I ended up going back to the store because my bofriend couldnt find the SF syrups I wanted. While we were there I picked up some some additonal ingredients to make a version of pistachio pudding with cottage cheese. I was sad that I couldnt add the pineapple because that would have been so delightful. Anyways I made it with cottage cheese, SF pistachio pudding, whip cream, and berries. It surprisingly tasted pretty dang good. Even my son liked it. Luckily I only added a little raspberries and black berries. I didnt realize the amount of carbs that are in those. I told my son he could eat the rest when he eats some. Today I put it in the freezer because I love the taste of frozed cool whip. I already my son though that he would need to eat most of that stuff because it really has more carbs than I want to eat.

Now today I pulled up a recipe for peanut butter cups. I am hoping that these will curve that craving for the white chocolate reeses cups that I love. I did reduce the amount of coconut oil in it so that I could put more almond butter in it. I am not a big chocolate eater. I wanted to make sure that the chocolate and cocoa powder didnt over power the other flavors. I tasted the mixture. It was really good. Again, even my son liked it. I will report out on how they turned out.

*side note* since I started really really reading labels for different stuff, my 10 year old son is doing it also. He wanted cereal and oatmeal yesterday. Well he settled for some oatmeal that said reduced sugar. I think that is really awesome.

Replies

• stephanniehall
    stephanniehall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm really impressed your son is reading labels, that's great. It's always crazy when I see something "low fat" because that usually means they upped the sugar content. I used to make fat bombs when I first started keto but now I bake! I keto bake, I mean. And I don't do it often, but I make cookies, ice cream, mousse, stuff like that. I found adapting recipes I already knew was a great starting place. I also order snacks from a low carb grocery store, they have so many things out there for keto-ers!