Introduce yourself.

Options

Replies

• LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Kara, I'm 28 and I work as a health facilitator. I'm 5'5.5" and currently weigh in around 146lbs (though I need to check that before Tuesday).

I've put on a few lbs over the past year or so, and I really want to get rid of them. Im hoping this challenge will help me drop around 10lbs and get me back on track.

I'm also hoping I'll make some friends through the challenge, as I think a lot of my loss of motivation has come down to doing it alone for so long.

I can't wait to get started!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am Lori. Starting over again...took a break for the last couple months and realized that I need accountability! I'm 47 and need to lose a good 50lbs. I love working out, once I get back into the habit. Haven't been consistent since the new year...time to get up and get moving again!!
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brenda and like several of you I'm new to this. I am a 53 year old grandma but I'm going to try to keep up with you younger ones! I've put on about 7 pounds over the last couple years that I want to get back off before summer. Hopefully this will help me stay motivated!
  • misschellechelle
    misschellechelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I recently joined MFP to help me lose about 9 pounds. I am a nurse and I work nightshift which unfortunately has caused me to gain weight due to my odd hours and making poor food choices due to being tired.

In addition to losing weight, my goal is to cut out sugary treats and focusing on choosing foods that nourish and support my body. I find I have a hard time limiting myself to "just one or two" when it comes to treats, so my goal is to cut them out in order to get on track.

I am really looking forward to this challenge and getting to know everyone better! We can do this :smiley:
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @misschellechelle if you are cutting sugars n want some fellow night shift nurses to chat with, you may wish to request to join private group low carber daily. Just say that is why you are joining. I find having a challenge n that group a powerful combination.
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Dale, 65 and retired. I gained a lot of weight after I retired and finally got tired of lugging around all this extra fat. I came back to MFP around the first of the year. I've lost 11 lbs. so far and my first goal is to lose 36 more to get to 133#. After that, who knows?? I am an Intermittent Faster on a 18:6 and 24 hr. routine. I walk outside, use the treadmill on incline( no hills in Florida), ride a stationary bike, and have recently started lifting weights. I'm in good health except for some arthritis in my hips, knees, and shoulders. I take care of a husband, a horse, and a Great Dane who thinks he's human. I think this challenge will be loads of fun, even though, as a general rule, I'm not usually a joiner.
  • angelious
    angelious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone . My name is Ria. I fought hard for three years to get to my goal weight and almost made it. But a change of job, country, lifestyle and death in the family has found me weighing more than I ever have in my life. 239lbs. I'm joining this group because I know having other people see that number and sharing the battle helps. If anyone out there is looking for an accountablility buddy to coincide with this challenge I would happy to go on that journey with you.
  • littlekatryn
    littlekatryn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Katryn. I'm a 34 year old therapist and proud mommy of a brand new puppy who is definitely motivating me with all of his energy! My goal is to get into better shape so I can really take care of his needs, and look better doing it, not gonna lie ;). Also, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is planning some kind of beach/water adventure for this summer, so bathing suits will be involved. My ultimate goal is to lose about 45-50 lbs, but probably about half of that during this challenge. Looking forward to it!!
  • sharondatbrown
    sharondatbrown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Sharonda. I am a Radiology Tech, college professor, mom, and wife. I have a goal to lose 20 lbs before I get pregnant with my third child, and I am hoping to get lots of motivation from this challenge. I would love some accountability help from some of you and I would return the inspiration. I wish everyone well with reaching their fitness goals!!!!!!
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Jessica here from NY. I've been doing pretty good with my weight loss journey as long as I can keep being held accountable. I hope this group will keep me motivated to get to the finish line (27 lbs to go)
  • shonabardecki
    shonabardecki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm brand spanking new here...
    And I'm very excited to get started !!
  • greyismycolour
    greyismycolour Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Nell and have over 100 lbs to lose. I'm trying to get healthy after 20 years of having an ED, so not skipping meals, no binging and regular workouts are important and kind of new to me. I'm 35, from Germany and really looking forward to the challenge! :)
  • wt777
    wt777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Karrie. I'm a breast cancer survivor. During my 2 years of chemo and radiation I was unable to work because it was so toxic on my body but it did NOT do anything for lack of appetite. I craved hamburger and Broccoli like they were the final things on the earth. I spent 2 years living as a couch potato and eating. And now it's just been a constant battle fighting the meds I have to take for the rest of my life. And fighting the urge to cover up the trauma with food. I need to find that happy medium I previously had.
    I'm 5'9 and 200#. I miss that woman who was once 165 and fit. I'd like to find her again.

• KalaniVoner
    KalaniVoner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kalani just here to make friends and finally reach my goal you are welcome to add me as a friend
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello, (sorry if I make mistakes, english isn't my first language)

I'm Isabelle, 37 yo. In the last 3 years I've lost 40 lbs and I got in shape.
    I like to set myself realistics goals and reach them. I don't have a lot of weight to lose. Right now, my goal is 138lbs and my current weight is about 145lbs.

I know that I will have to undergo surgery in the near futur but I'm not sure exactly when...
    So, I hope it won't be during this challenge because I know I will have to slow down exercices to recover but I still would like to join because this group seems really motivating !

Nice to meet you all !! :smile:
  • 1JessieLynn
    1JessieLynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just got hired by a company who has a health and wellness facility on site and need a challenge to keep me using this benefit. (or I have to start paying for it) I am so ready to start losing this weight, I'm 210 and want to get down to 140. I know I cam do it, just need some help. (and motivation)
  • lmdsmiles
    lmdsmiles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Lisa. I'm 46 and was over 200 lb for most of my adult life. I got down to 170 and kept the weight off successfully for about 2 years until I went back to my bad old eating habits after bouts with anxiety and minor injuries. Today I'm at 196.4 and my current goal is to get to 180. My long term goal is 160.
  • CeruleanCoffee
    CeruleanCoffee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Laura and I've been on mfp for a few years but this is the first challenge I'm participating in. I'm 5'4" and my weight hovers around 175 pounds pretty consistently. I'm trying to transition from a calorie counting way of managing my weight to eating cleanly and in moderation but this is a hard mentality to shake! I eat pretty well but I'm looking forward to the Amazing Race side of the challenge.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am April. I am 34. I am looking to join an inspiring group so that I can continue on my journey. I have lost 65 pounds and I need to lose about 80 more. Thirty of them were prior to restarting my MFP lifestyle and the other 35 have been since I came back in October. I am really wanting to step up my fitness game, so I hope this will help me feel motivated!
  • zmeplay
    zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Fellow Challengers! My name is Marlene and I have been renting this body for the past 30 years. I can't say I have been the best tenant, but I am ready for the renovations to take place. Stand 5'0" tall (yes, TALL) and weigh 120.8 lbs/55kg. My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs and or reduce my fat percentage. I look forward to meeting everyone.