Welcome!

Options
bruhaha007
bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
I want to welcome everyone that offered to participate and look forward to our next 16 weeks together supporting and encouraging one another! I hope this makes a difference in your lives and also hope you reach some important milestone's you will each be setting for yourselves. When you enter the room for the first time feel free to say hello, maybe provide your city, and if you would like share your goals with the rest of the group. We will officially start Monday so over the weekend I will be finalizing my nutrition and exercise plan which I would be happy to share with others. Let's keep this fun! Eric

Replies

• nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm excited to be part of this challenge and to make new friends here too! A little about me, I am a Colorado native and an Operating Room RN. I moved to Steamboat Springs from Denver almost one year ago because I grew near here and I've longed to be back in the mountains! I was on auto pilot and 'stuck' with my fitness level in Denver and now I am amongst some of the healthiest people (true Olympians, literally). I can't just go outside and jog a few miles on a dirt path, because they don't have those here. If I want to go for a run, it has to be up a mountain. I need to lose 30-40 lbs to keep up and to accomplish my goal of a full marathon in July. Also, I would love to be able to feel good and confident when I wear the clothes that have continued to hang in my closet for some time now. Let's do this! Erin
  • Becsinkl
    Becsinkl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm becky. Originally from the uk but spent 7 years living in Malaysia (lots of yummy food) and now living in South Africa. I'm a mum of 3 young boys the eldest of whom has autism so I need to be as fit and healthy as I can be for them, and for myself too obviously. I've spent the last 15 years slowly putting on weight, to the point where I now have a good 40lbs or so to lose to get to a healthy weight range. I've always enjoyed exercising, it's eating too much that's my downfall....hoping this will provide some impetus. I've about 12 weeks til my 43rd birthday so this is a nice extra goal to strive for so things don't fall apart after that 12 week point :)
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge Erin and Becky! Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourselves and your goals. I wish you both the best and don't hesitate to ask questions and request suggestions throughout the challenge. Sixteen weeks is a long time to stay committed but I am confident if you do you will likely see a transformation both internally and externally.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mary and am in the UK. I have two girls 14 and 22. I used to exercise a lot but the last three years have been difficult due to my 14 year old being very ill, she was also diagnosed with Autism last year. She had an operation in November and now for the first time in three years she is back to full health. We are both going back to karate very soon, probably in about 3 weeks, and can't wait. I just have to be sure she doesn't overdo things too soon. I want to lose about 21lbs and get fit again. I'm hoping this challenge will give me the push I need.
  • cupofcrazy
    cupofcrazy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Jenny, I'm 25 and have 3 kids. I live in Queensland Australia. I'm in the process of having a lifestyle change and am switching over to less processed more natural clean eating as well as a strength and cardio program at the gym and want to loose just over 100lbs
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Welcome Jenny, best wishes on your transformation over the next 16 weeks! That is an awesome goal and we are here to support you! Great to have friends from all over the world in our group. :)
  • JeffFit70
    JeffFit70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting up the group!
    Jeff, 45 but turn 46 this week.
    I lost 40+ lbs over the course of 2012-2013. I have kept it off and maintained my current weight within a few lbs since then without tracking food. However, I have a bit of stubborn fat I would like to knock off. So, back on mfp tracking food. I have a training and nutrition plan. I will be trying to lose 16 lbs in 16 week. Will try to submit my current pics and stats tomorrow.
  • JeffFit70
    JeffFit70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm in Texas :)
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lorraine
    Thank you for letting me part of this exciting challenge. Looking forward to meeting new people and help one another. I am 44 yrs old and over a period of 2 yrs I put on a good amount of weight...my goal is to try and get healthy and look good for my birthday in August.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am Dianne and I will turn 50 on June 16th. I want to lose at least 65 pounds in this next year to be a more fit 50. Can't blame my current weight on anything but laziness and lack of caring for myself. I have 4 kids and 3 grandkids. Been married for 29 years and have had a lot of life stresses in the last 9 years but need to take back control of my life and do something for me. Thanks for starting it up with the exact perfect timing for me!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Thanks to our newest members and a special thank you to those that have posted your goals and a little background! Tomorrow we start! I am putting the finishing touches on my workout plan and getting ready to head to the grocery store to buy items to support my new nutrition program. I love the fresh start of every 16 weeks because I mix up my workout, update/modify my goals, and look forward to pushing myself even harder this time around.
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Angela. I'm 21 year old college student (soon to graduate) and I'm from Massachusetts. I've been working on getting healthy for a few years now and I'm making progress but I've picked up some negative habits along the way as well. In recent months, my stress and emotional eating has gotten a lot worse and I've put on some weight. It's really taking it's toll on me emotionally and I'm afraid of not being able to break the weight gain cycle I've gotten myself into.

I love exercising (lifting right now, running when the weather isn't freezing) but eating is definitely what's holding me back. Over the next 16 weeks I want to improve my eating habits, continue to progress in my fitness goals, and lose a few pounds. So happy to be in a supportive group like this one. Thank you for starting this challenge Eric!
  • NaomiC1013
    NaomiC1013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm excited to do this challenge with you all. My name is Naomi, I'm 5'6, 28, and would like to lose 50 lbs total but I'm aiming to lose 15 lbs in the next 16 weeks. I live in Charlotte NC and attend the local Metro CrossFit gym. I work out 5 days a week usually, but my eating habits of late, leave a lot to be desired and I've gained 20 lbs. I've cleaned up my eating and made some changes. Congrats to everyone that's joined the challenge! Let's do this thing!!
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Dana from Indiana. I'm 36, a mom of 6 wonderful kids. My poor eating habits over the years are starting to catch up to me in terms of poor health, and I need to set a better example for my children. I am back again to clean up my diet, get some exercise in, hoping to turn my bloodwork numbers around. I have 60 pounds to lose. I'm aiming to lose about 30 during the challenge. Best of luck to everyone. Let's do this!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Thanks Angela, Naomi, and Dana! I am originally from Indiana Dana and still work in Indy! Best wishes to all three of you!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    I am from Boise Idaho and my personal goals this 16 weeks is to push myself harder than I ever have before. I am looking to improve my flexibility, cardio, core strength, and my overall strength while burning as much fat as I can. I lost 10 lbs my last challenge and leaned up quite a bit but I would like to lean up even more. I think it helps if your goals align with things you enjoy doing which for me is playing tennis, mountain biking, and snow skiing. By achieving these goals I hope to improve my ability to perform better at these activities. A secondary goal would be to see my abs by the end of this challenge which would be a first for me. To accomplish these goals my diet really has to improve and I plan to do add cardio acceleration to my strength training sessions. I will share my workouts along with pics throughout the challenge and encourage others to do so as well! Let's do this!
  • cheeky_marie
    cheeky_marie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amber! I'm 21, originally from Alabama but now living in the Seattle, WA area. I'm in college studying to become an English teacher.

I've been overweight my whole life, but realizing I was only 20 pounds away from 200 at 5'0" tall was my personal wake-up call. So far, I've lost 9 pounds and want to lose 50-60 more; I'd like to lose 20 over the course of this challenge. I've been overweight my whole life and have tried dieting plenty of times, but I was doing just that - dieting - rather than making lifestyle challenges that I can enjoy and sustain. As for exercise, I've been walking 12,500 steps (5.0 miles for my tiny legs) a day and weightlifting three days a week, which I love!

I'm looking forward to meeting my goals and seeing all of you meet yours!
  • ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I just turned 32 and I'm from California. I'm finally feeling committed to getting the extra weight off and have made some good progress over the last month and look forward to making more. I've been overweight for almost all of my adult life and tried and failed many times at various diets. I now have a 13 month old son who is becoming more and more active and I want to be a fit and healthy mom for him, not only to keep up with him, but to teach him healthy habits from the beginning.

Over the course of this challenge I'd like to get out of the 200s for the first time since my early 20s, and drop from an "obese" BMI to an "overweight" BMI. My goal is 16-20 pounds as well as continuing my workouts at the gym 3-5 times a week. I also plan to hire a personal trainer to get me on my path towards weightlifting. Current stats are 5'9", 210 lbs eating about 1450 calories/day plus exercise calories. I've been losing at a steady clip of 1-3 pounds per week, so hopefully I can keep that up. I look forward to participating in your challenge.
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can already tell this is a great group! Day 1 - good luck everyone and happy early Birthday Jeff!
  • NaomiC1013
    NaomiC1013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Figured I'd go ahead and get this over and done with.