Introduce yourself.

Options

Replies

• healthylifefit
    healthylifefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :) My name is Katie. I am 22 years old and currently about 170 pounds. I have always been into fitness and weight loss, but have never been successful in keeping weight off. I am determined to make this time different! I am really looking forward to interacting with you all. Let's all get ready for summer :)
  • becka1219
    becka1219 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Becka. I'm 47 years old. My SW 237, CW 206, GW 132. I am nurse but am on disability at the moment because I have pulmonary hypertension. I am on oxygen all the time and my goal is to lose weight, start to walk more, and hopefully (fingers crossed) get off the oxygen.

I'm looking for to this challenge. I've been doing MFP since the Nov. 2015. I go back to see my cardiologist in May and would love to be 50 pounds lighter than the last time I saw him!
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Melanie with an extremely busy life between work and a teenage daughter's activities. I need to loose 40 lbs and need all the support and motivation I can get.
  • adgaetz
    adgaetz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Alaina, I am 5' 5" and 33 years old. My husband and I have two children and are both working very hard to achieve our weight loss goals. We have been using my fitness pal for a couple years now. We definitely have had a few ups and downs, but we are both very happy with our progress thus far. My start weight was 167 one year ago and currently sitting at 137. My original goal weight was 130, however I am almost there and I have changed my goal weight to 125. I am looking forward to what this challenge holds.
  • amyradish
    amyradish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to My Fitness Pal and this is my first challlenge. I'm a 39 year old mom of 2 from outside Washington, DC. Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Casey, married and mother of two children -13 & 10y/o from Northern Territory, Australia. I am 33, 5'9 and have struggled with my weight a majority of my life. Over the last 12 years I have lost and kept off over 30 odd kilos/70lbs however have not ever reached my healthy weight range during my adulthood. After years of yo yo dieting - My goal this year was to change small bad habits / create new healthy ones one at a time, not all at once as I knew that would set me up for failure. January I went sober for four weeks and I now have only one or two drinks a week, if that! (Big change from drinking 2 or 3 glasses of wine every night). I began meditating every night since the end of Jan and I love it! And February I really concentrated on reducing my meal portions and calorie intake. March will see me incorporate regular exercise, 2016 is my year of change! I have lost 5.4kg/11.9lbs since the beginning of the year, I hope to lose a further 12.6kg/27.7lbs by the end of the year.
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    @sandkp "they" say I should weigh 100-130 pounds bit there is no way. I want to be about 143 and I would feel great. Keep working...you've got this!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Shannon (friends call me Shan). I am 23, from South Louisiana and I love challenges!! This is my 3rd? Or 4th Challenge w/@mallowbar. She and her challenges are amazing and inspiring and soo soo motivating. I am in alot of challenges right now they keep me sane.....which is insane! I love these because watching everyone progress and support each other really helps keep me focused. I am hoping to be alot more active for this challenge. Quick note about me: a little over a yr ago I was hospitalized with what turned out to be a bacterial infection in my stomach. A few months after that was resolved I ended up having surgery on both my ACL and my meniscus at the same time. My right quad was almost at a stage of atrophy, my fibula head moved up and my kneecap was tilted. Still recovering as I had some setbacks. Have been doing physical therapy 3x/wk and have a goal of fully being released to 100%. For me that means getting back to full capacity....lifting weights, running, biking, playing softball and volleyball. If anyone would like to be friends please send me a request. Let's have a great challenge!!

#NOEXCUSES #WEGOTGOALS
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 59, 5'2", always had a weight problem. I lost 60 pounds about 5 years ago, but continue to yoyo about 15 of them. I got serious at christmas and got rid of 10 pounds and have those last 5 to go and keep off!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Eva. I gained around 30lbs the last two years and got myself some health problems as a result (not to mention I look fat :) ) I want to lose these 30lbs and get to where I was. I hope I can lose the weight in a safe way by the end of this year. I'm a complete beginner exercise-wise and due to my health problems I can't workout a lot but I want to start somewhere. I take a 60 minutes a day walk every day. I hope we can count this in :smiley:
  • friedafroglegs
    friedafroglegs Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Everyone my name is Abbi. I've been struggling with my weight for a few years now. However, I am ready to do something about it and stop being aggravated by it. Looking forward to taking the first steps with like minded people. Good luck to you all, may you reach the goal you have set!
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just a 56 yo woman who had a sedentary winter looking for some motivation and accountability. Can't wait to start.
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Rachael. Single mother of a teenage daughter, she keeps me very very busy. I have lost around 50 pounds, that started a few years ago. The last two years or so I've slowly gained weight back, but have teetered right around the 185 mark. I am 5'9. I'd like to be below 165 ultimately. (Also by my doctors suggestion.) A couple months ago I found out that I have pre-diabetes so I'm hoping to really change my life around. This looks like a group I can stick with! Thanks for setting up the group, good luck to everyone!
  • tinykarabear
    tinykarabear Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello all.

I am Kara, from, NS Canada.This is my first time doing anything like this. I'm a little nervous yet excited.

My whole life I was never in shape. Now at the age of 24 (I'll be 25 March 6), I am determined to become heathly and fit.

I've tried to lose weight before, and it's never worked out for me. However on November 26 2015. I got on the scale and weighted 226. Since I'm. Only 5 foot 3. That's insane. Since then I manged to get down to 210 (depending on the time of day). However I haven't been able to get the scale to budge in the last month.

I'm hoping this challenge will help me get pass this pleatue, and allow me to move forward ot my goal.

Nice to meet you all. :)
  • cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Erin. I am the mother of 2. I have a 5 year old boy and a 2 month old girl. I also am a step mother to a 12 year old girl. I am 5'6 and 177 lbs. Last year, when I became pregnant I was down 39 lbs to 158 lbs. I was looking to lose another 10 lbs on top of that but life happened. We love our little girl and she was worth the weight gain but now I need to get back to work. My husband and I both work full-time plus with the new baby we don't get a lot of sleep anyway. I like to get up early and work out on the treadmill but can't wait until it's nice enough to run outside. I started a few weeks ago running again and I am going to continue to push myself with exercise and diet. Looking forward to this challenge!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Lesley, 35 years old, 5'4" and currently 154. I started my weight loss journey in late 2007 or early 2008 at 219. I had gotten down as low as 140 but regained 30 pounds and am finally rededicating myself to working towards healthy again. I have a great support group at work as there are three of us women who take our lunch hour to go to the gym. However, after two months of almost complete dedication, I am nervous that the motivation will start to subside. I am hoping this (which is my first challenge) will keep me motivated for the next few months. Here's to hoping the best for all of us!!
  • Jackiemac411
    Jackiemac411 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Jackie! I'm in a few weddings this year and want to slim down my arms/stomach to not only feel comfortable in the dress but look good in the pictures. I'm starting at 155 and trying to get down to 140 by July. I like to go out with friends ALOT so ordering salad instead of pizza/drinking will be my motivation to lose it!
  • UFGatorsMichelle
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Michelle and I am 43. I've worked on my health and fitness for the last few years to help manage pain of migraines and fibromyalgia. Those conditions are much better with eating clean and exercising regularly. However, I would still like to lose 10-15 pounds by summer. I need some encouragement to stick with it since I've tried many things and can't seem to get back under 130.
  • Lahla17
    Lahla17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Sabrina, 33 years old, and need accountability in my life. I have been yo-yoing with my weight for years, and it has taken an emotional till on me. I had eager to lose weight by having you all as my support/accountability team!
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm Cassie. I'm 29. I have a 5-year-old and an almost 2-year-old. Trying to lose weight and get fit.