Weekly Post - 22.-29.02.2016

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
Had a good week in many ways and am looking forward to this one :D

I am very happy with the new horse I'm riding twice a week. Had a second date with a really nice guy. Hoping it leads to something real. It feels right and I'm just gonna enjoy that feeling :p

I also got on my rebounder on Saturday and ran 8k yesterday. Seems spring energy is coming back and all the difficulties of 2015 are a thing of the past.

Still up 5kg from my low of 57kg. But I'll get there. Just enjoying the positives atm ;)

Have a great week!

PS to Newbies - this is a thread for everyone. Share / ask whatever is on your mind. There is always someone here to support you.

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Wow @flumi_f things sound so great, enjoy!

TIME TO PEEL MYSELF OFF THE FLOOR!!!
    So I really went off the rails, no fasting no tracking :s Result 6lbsup :s:'(

New week new start! Yesterday managed to track everything and ended under maintenance. Easy does it for me, but I know I will get back there again. One thing I did learn that with al of the over indulgence, I did not feel well at all. I am happy to have the strength to cleanse myself again.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Last week was pretty good although I was pretty low cals on regular days too and must be careful not to miss out on nutrition needed! Sunday, (a fd for me) the husband left for 5 days work trip so the kids & I usually try different foods.... Starting with last nights quinoa burger! Pretty tasty so I'll add this to the favorites forum. I also bought 1% cottage cheese again, of which only 1/2 cup sure fills you up, topped with chopped tomatoe & pepper! Haven't had that since I started this back in October.

I'm also wondering how certain people that haven't posted are doing lately and don't want to bother anyone... but you know who you are!! Always remember that each day is new, and here each week is new, and this is a very supportive group.

@snaps27 you sound hilarious, sometimes we need a little derailment to know what that feels like! B)

@flumi_f Love your updates!!!!!!! And by rebounder do you mean a mini trampoline?? Sounds fun!

Cheers!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm back to doing 5:2 or 4:3 really depends if I end up working through lunch. Just checking it and saying thanks to keeping this board running.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Welcome back @chiccam!

So turns out I had major 'bloatage'! I have had two mini fasts in a row around 1000cals each and that has brought me 4 lbs down. Feel much, much better and a bit more in control.

Currently at 170 and would love to see the 150's by my birthday (even if it is 159 ;) )

11 lbs in 19 weeks, so it should be doable.
  • flumi_f
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @snaps27 - don't you love that anti bloat feeling after a few lower days!! Rooting for you on your goal!

Second fast day today. Was home in the afternoon and landed at about 650. Not too bad.

Going through some emotional stuff too. But my NSV for this week, was that I could turn them around, not take what's going on personally and am now being patient....not my strongest virtue...

But it seems the work I have done in the last decade on my innerself is helping me. So, though I'm not jumping up and down, that the guy I met (and like), needs to solve some issues first....I am feeling positive about myself and can differentiate between his issues being his, not mine and that I'm just fine the way I am. Being able to say that and feel it is true in my heart, is huge for me. So I am jumping up and down about! Feeling good about myself and who I am, even in a bit of 'crisis'.

Have a good day and hey, tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
  • snaps27
    Options
    You are exactly right! Way to go! Girl power!!! And you are totally amazing, we all know it. Thanks for being there flumi!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Likewise, snaps! Likewise. I'm glad to be part of such an awesome group! <3
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Had a good run today. And even though, I still have no idea if and where it will lead with this guy...I did not ressort to emotional eating and am pretty calm and was actually slightly under cals today, very rare on a Sunday :D . YAY!!

Meals for fast and non fast days planned and mostly cooked. So that should be covered. Expecting TOM at the end of the week, so another good reason to have meals cooked and not much sweet stuff in the house :p

@mamainthekitchen - yes a rebounder is a mini trampolin. I have a bellicon. It's my second rebounder. The first rebounder had steel springs. I really like the bellicon with the bungee cords alot better.

Ready to tackle my fast tomorrow. Hope you all are too!
  • AuntyMofo
    AuntyMofo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've never managed more than a month at 5:2 but my limited experience of fasting has been that it makes me feel good, so am having another, proper crack at it. (I'm on MFP and have a Jawbone UP thingy and everything.)

Pretty new to MFP. I tried and failed my 5:2 mish last month due to a 'blip' (dark days that hit randomly and agressively - another story.) Figured I should take advantage of the community available to help me stay on track.

You lot seem jolly :)

Today is my first fast day.

• chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'll be fasting again tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aunty Mofo, glad to have you join us! I hope you had a great fast day chiccam. :)
  • AuntyMofo
    AuntyMofo Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Welcome Aunty Mofo, glad to have you join us! I hope you had a great fast day chiccam. :)
    Thanks! :smile:

Nailed my first fast day no probs yesterday B) but had a crap night's sleep :( . Anyone else struggle with sleep when fasting? Got any tips on overcoming the problem?

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced any sleep problems but I remember it being mentioned from time to time in this group. Maybe a search through older messages will turn up some remedies?
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Sleep problems can occur at the beginning of fasting. That usually normalizes quickly after a few weeks of regular fasting.

If you are hungry and can't sleep due to that, maybe save a few cals up for before bedtime.
  • Winterbaby2014
    Winterbaby2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had a good weight loss week, with only 1 fast day. I lost 1.4kg . I did 1 strict fast day , and kept the rest of the days at about 1400cals. I had a busy week so that was easy to do. Sometimes I struggle to eat as many as 1400, but I need to train myself that actually my maintainence is 1770 so I can eat up to that and not feel bad...

At work I'm on my feet the whole day so I reckon I burn a few hundred calories that way. (I don't factor this into my TDEE, as some shifts I'll be walking for 7 hours, and some I'll be just stood. If I have a particularly busy shift I input the burn as slow walking just to be sure)..

I'm only about 5kgs off my goal weight so yay! (Didn't have the much to lose in the first place!)

• Winterbaby2014
    Winterbaby2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh and I ate a whole Easter egg and two cream eggs as pudding the other day so I'm happy I lost anything