New to IBS

Options
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with IBS last week and have just started the low-FODMAP diet. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as I get started on changing my lifestyle. I have found that I am much more sensitive now to even little mistakes when it comes to eating something that is high-FODMAP. Did that happen to you all as well after you started following the diet? Also, when I mess up and eat something high-FODMAP I feel like my reaction is much more immediate and often times more severe than it was when I was eating high-FODMAP foods consistently. Maybe my body just isn't used to me taking care of it yet haha.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thank you!

Replies

• rebeccaahola894
    rebeccaahola894 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep I've found the same thing. I am only in my second week but my body feels like I am detoxing. Headaches and fatigue. I had one (slightly larger than allowed) beer yesterday afternoon and reacted. I am not sure what my body is reacting to losing though as I thought I was eating pretty healthily to start with. Sorry that's not really advice :smiley:
  • geordiegirl1892
    geordiegirl1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I found out last week that I had IBS though had been diagnosed in 2014 but doc said nothing so now at a new surgery and now follow the low fodmap diet and feel tons and tons better