Motivated in March

Options
brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
A new month is around the corner already. Seems a few of us have struggled with staying motivated, particularly after a break due to vacation/travel/WEDDING, or just with competing priorities. Let's work on staying motivated this month and helping to keep each other on track and motivated too. What do you need the most motivation for? Not snacking? Eating healthier? Working out?

Replies

• brisingr86
    Options
    I need to work on motivation to work out. My goals are to stick with IF regimen for at least another month. Target 1lb loss/week. Complete 3 weeks Ripped in 30 after return from business trip. Work out 3 days/week prior to and during business trip (5x w/ Ri30).

SW (March 3):
    W1 (March 10): no weigh-in due to business travel
    W2 (March 17):
    W3 (March 24):
    W4 (March 31):
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    This will be my focus in March: Motivation & Consistency=a Healthy Life Routine

March puts me at 6 months before our wedding :open_mouth:

I want Motivation to keep at it: exercise, drink water, healthier choices, less processed foods! I need Consistency in my workouts, menu planning, and my day-to-day!

My goal for March is to create a routine that I can stick with as much as possible, with only minor adjustments for life's twists and turns (I also have a week of travel for work).

I'm going for 1250 minutes, since I am focusing on Consistency, this number of minutes allows for 27 days of 45 minute workouts plus 1 workout of 35 minutes and 3 rest days.

I hope to lose 1.5 pounds for the first 4 weeks (I'm guessing at least 4 pounds will come off quickly from the recent travel and lack of workouts) and 1 pound that last week that's a total of 7 pounds in March.

Let's MAKE MARCH MATTER & MUSCLE through it Ladies!
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    March is definately all about being motivated! 2 months before the wedding and my 2nd fit is at the end of the month.

I am going to stay motivated to kick butt with diet and also the aim of the month os to move everyday! Either at the gym.or by taking the dog for a walk....jist jave to move!

My weigh in days are Wednesday ☺
  • purebells
    Options
    Does anyone have a fitbit?
  • brisingr86
    Options
    No fitbit, but I do have a Garmin vivofit. Similar function, different technicalities. I mostly use the HRM (chest strap), but I like looking at the sleep and sometimes I'll push a little more if I'm close to 10000 steps towards the end of a workout.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    (I have a withinings pulse ox, good for heart rate to check the intensity of your workout, and has helped me to generally increase my steps)
    Ok 12 weeks to go, 13 pounds to go. My goal is 6lbs this month.
    Sw: 159.8
    Gw: 154
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great goals ladies! I am doing really well on my fitness goals but need to stay motivated to eat well and drink less alcohol.

CW 138
    GW (end of March) 135
    Ultimate GW 133

March is going to be a good month!
  • purebells
    Options
    CW: 72.1 kg
    GW: (End of March) 69 kilos
    Ultimate GW: 67 kilos
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Feeling pretty motivated! I spent yesterday with food prep and planning my week of menus and workouts! Although I will workout today I obviously won't start counting my minutes until tomorrow but I'm SO ready for March!

HAPPY LEAP DAY Ladies!
  • 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This month I want to stay as consistent as possible with food, exercise, water, and sleep. I have a week and a half off work for Spring Break, so I know this will be a challenging month for me in those 4 key areas. I would like to be closer to 120 than 125 by the end of March, but I will be happy to maintaining 3x a week fitness classes and healthy habits!
  • purebells
    Options
    Soooooo sore from the squats at the gym yesterday!!!!!
    Had a day off from working out - probably not the best idea given we had our wedding menu food tasting today!!!! :)
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've gained a full 25 lbs since my wedding. I've been a mess emotionally... I think it's hormones plus being at one of those life transition points... Last year was all focussed on the wedding and now it's like, what's next? Lots of unknowns with work, our living situation, etc. Plus I'm turning 30 in a couple weeks which actually bums me out so hard.
    I haven't been around to share support since I've been having such a rough go, but I've been feeling better for the last few days, so I'm hoping I'm on an upswing. I do have an appt with my dr soon, too.

Goals for March are to not be crazy around food, get my head back in the game, would like to be at 145 at the end of the month. And prepping weekday breakfast and lunch all month.

CW: 151

Happy March!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    9jlp82exod2d.jpg

Maybe this is better in January, but still thought I would post. I'm going to try to post these periodically. If you find one that speaks to you (or make your own) feel free to add too. March is HERE!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    I'm officially less than 5 months to the wedding and starting to feel the stress, mostly about whether I should have a bridal shower and/or whether I have time for a bachelorette weekend, particularly since work is getting a bit hectic as well. I'll know more about work commitments after my business trip next week.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    I'm officially less than 5 months to the wedding and starting to feel the stress, mostly about whether I should have a bridal shower and/or whether I have time for a bachelorette weekend, particularly since work is getting a bit hectic as well. I'll know more about work commitments after my business trip next week.

5 months-WHOA! I'm just about to reach my 6 month mark and while I'm not stressing (yet) I definitely feel some excitement brewing!

I would TOTALLY recommend something simple that will be a FUN thing...some time with your girls is AWESOME for stress relief and if it were me (as you know) I'd go for the bachelorette weekend because that's what I did! LOL! but a shower would be nice too!

heck why not do both! maybe plan the bachelorette weekend with your bridesmaids and/or closets Besties and then have a shower with Mom, Family and etc...

Got in a short walk this morning and have Cardio Boxing tonight! Definitely still Motivated to turn things around again...sticking to plan so far this week and strategizing for work travel next week!

Thinking Positive-Thinking Consistency-Creating Routine!
  • purebells
    Options
    I am at the 2 month mark for the wedding. Starting to feel the pressure big time!

@brisingr86 - definitely have a celebration of some sort! You will need something to let all the steam off and have a good time. I am just having a hens day/night - so that should be fun!

Weigh in day today - and I am :'(

SW: (24 February) : 72.1 kilos
    W1: (March 2): 73.0 :s
    W2: (March 9):
    W3: (March 16):
    W4: (March 23):
    W5: (March 30):

A gain of nearly a kilo! Not happy at all. Been exercising like crazy and yes the diet has been on point, but seriously not that bad!!!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Well done Marla Jean getting off to a good start this month on the workouts.

Rach, try not to get too discouraged. Maybe if you've been working out a lot, the muscle damage is leading to some water retention and that's why the scale is up? You know you're doing the right things so keep at it and I'm sure the scale will catch up.

I do have a mother-daughter girls weekend with my mom, her 4 sisters, my sister in law, and a few of my cousins in Vegas in April, so I will have a fun event. It's not a party for me or anything, but can still be fun stress release (as long as I don't end up spending it working). I guess there's a part of me wondering if I'd get more stressed out with planning/logistics/asking others to plan and get there than the stress relief it would provide. I guess I need to talk to some of my girls...
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to your girls! The one and only thing I asked my bridesmaids to do was plan my henny (bachelorette) - and they absolutely loved doing it! It was all a lovely surprise for me and no stress. Highly recommended!

On another note, I'm struggling a bit to keep my weight down now that I've started exercising a lot more. I am running and doing a yoga class every day - I'm not working just now so I have time I wouldn't usually have. The problem is that my appetite is off the charts! During most of my weight loss I used walking and light jogging and never had this problem!

Does anyone else find that exercise increases your appetite a lot? How do you manage it?
  • brisingr86
    Options
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Not much help here Sam. Half the time, I actually feel like my appetite is suppressed after my workout (the hunger does sometimes hit later...). Are you drinking plenty of water, both during and after workouts? There may be some possibility that you're confusing hunger and thirst? Or that more water will help you feel more full and you'll eat less. How much of your exercise calories do you eat back? I would try to focus on is it just your appetite or are you actually hungrier? If the first, then it's probably a control call, if it's the latter, then you probably need to find the balance to give your body the added fuel it needs to support the jump in exercise without gorging such that you start gaining again. Good luck!