Is this a good book for a very very out of shape woman?

Options
ettaterrell
ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
I read some where in here (haven't bought the book yet) that you start off with 2x15 on push ups.. Hahaha I couldn't do 1x2 push ups lol. Is there another program I should look into if this one isn't right for me starting?

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    They suggest modifications of necessary. For push ups they recommend to start at an angle, maybe from a bench, or a bar (as opposed to "girl" push-ups). Lots of ladies start that way. Planks are also challenging for some so they suggest go as long as possible, break, then keep going. You will eventually get there, good luck :)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I started the pushups using a walkway rail at the gym that lead to the basketball court room. Also, you could use the smith machine and set up the bar at whatever height you need to do the push ups on. Great part on that is you can adjust it lower as you progress.

It's also handy for working up to a pull up. Not good for squats but short me sometimes uses the smith machine to do my pull up attempts when I can't reach the regular pull up spots in certain gyms.

There are other programs and a couple books available but all may have things that are hard to do. With anything, you don't want to push too hard and it's okay to modify when necessary.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!