march miles/ minutes

Options

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for 175 this month. I feel it is reasonable since I only missed by 5 miles and there were many "lazy" days as well as 2 less days. Time will tell.

I am also shooting for 100 miles of intentional exercise. That will be tough but I need to get ready for some big races and challenges coming up.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to average at least 60 minutes a day: 1860 minutes. Running is continuing to ramp up as I make my way to 60 minutes 3 x week, strength training is going good (45-60 minutes), and I've been trying to stay consistent with yoga. In order to pull this off I will have to stay on top of the yoga.

Just as a side note I have learned that there is an up dog and a down dog in yoga but is there a normal dog?
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Could I also make a request for two additional columns? One for daily average so far and one for daily average needed to reach goal. That way I can see how I'm doing and if I need to pick it up or not and by how much. I can throw them in there if you don't mind.
  • eTrevor79
    eTrevor79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    Could I also make a request for two additional columns? One for daily average so far and one for daily average needed to reach goal. That way I can see how I'm doing and if I need to pick it up or not and by how much. I can throw them in there if you don't mind.

I love this idea.

Thanks for having me.

• mamarundrc
    Options

Done. Great idea! Good luck everyone on meeting your goals!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Solid start to the month! Trying to get it in while I am motivated. Tomorrow is supposed to be very nice in the weather department so hopefully I will keep on logging the miles! My 11.3 miles of trails today definitely took a toll on my feet and legs.
  • prairieprana
    prairieprana Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Off to a rickety start (just started tracking so my average is low) but feeling good about March :) We got this!
  • eTrevor79
    Options

Is it possible to have a live updating column of daily average to reach goal? One that takes into account how far you are from goal and updates as the days of the month progress.

Thank you.
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    After disappearing from MFP for a few weeks, I'm back. :) Thanks for putting this up every month!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    eTrevor79 wrote: »

Is it possible to have a live updating column of daily average to reach goal? One that takes into account how far you are from goal and updates as the days of the month progress.

Thank you.

I think I got it. Let me know if that (column H) is what you are looking for. As you log miles/minutes it should update needed daily average to meet the goal.
  • eTrevor79
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    eTrevor79 wrote: »

Thank you.

I think I got it. Let me know if that (column H) is what you are looking for. As you log miles/minutes it should update needed daily average to meet the goal.

It's prefect. Thank you. Very kind of you. It really puts the goal in perspective.
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    Hate to be a downer, but I'm not sure column H is right. It's the miles left to go (good) divided by 31... which is all the days in the month, not the days left to go. Unless I'm misunderstanding something??
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    I set up my column H to calculate miles to go divided by (31 - number of days filled in) and that calculates more accurately, I think... feel free to copy it.
  • eTrevor79
    Options
    I set up my column H to calculate miles to go divided by (31 - number of days filled in) and that calculates more accurately, I think... feel free to copy it.

I think that sounds right. Thank you Spreadsheet Wizard.

• mamarundrc
    Options

Thank you! I knew something didn't seem right and I was just not figuring it out last night. You are correct! Thanks for the help, I am only starting to learn the capabilities of Excel. It is crazy.
  • Branawesomer
    Branawesomer Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to get in on this? I just joined the group today. Need some further motivation and tracking to get me back on track!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Is it too late to get in on this? I just joined the group today. Need some further motivation and tracking to get me back on track!

It is never too late! Feel free to join. Add your name to the google list and set a goal you would like to meet by the end of the month. Welcome!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I have had a really strong start to the month and am on track with both of my goals. Now to keep this momentum going!
  • bebegurl808
    bebegurl808 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I set a very modest goal of 50 miles for the month and so far I am not doing too good. I guess working a desk job all day doesn't help me any. I just don't know how to track all of the dancing that I do into my mileage.
  • Branawesomer
    Branawesomer Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you! I'm going to set a goal of 6 miles per day on my fitbit!