Charging while traveling

Options
tammylynnw8
tammylynnw8 Posts: 6 Member
Good morning - I live in the United States and I will be traveling to Ireland in May. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what type of adapter and/or converter I will need in order to charge my Fitbit while I'm there. Some folks have told me that most places they have stayed had what they needed. However, we are staying in a new place each night. I don't want to end up without a way to charge up. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

Replies

• Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You'll need a plug to convert from UK to US plug style. Some places may have USB plugs that you can plug directly into (check on the TV as well for a USB plug). We were in England and Ireland this summer and had taken one converter - which turned out to be insufficient for 4 people. We were able to buy an additional converter at one of the local grocery stores. Next time I may just take one converter plug and a power strip.
  • dfarina33
    dfarina33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I travel overseas all the time with a ton of devices(fitbit, Ipad,Iphone, headset, 2 backup batterys) I have a multiport USB charger which I bought on Amazon for $20. Then of course you need a plug adapter which you can also buy on Amazon or bestbuy etc as well. The nice thing about the multiport adapter is that at home, I have all my devices in one place charging as well.
  • sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Seconding the multiport USB charger (plus appropriate plug converter for int'l travel). Best twenty bucks I ever spent - both for at home (ipad, phone, fitbit can all charge on the bedside table) AND for travel (when we add the camera, my husband's headphones & garmin watch, The Kid's devices...).
  • tammylynnw8
    tammylynnw8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!